COVID-19 Health Insurance For Senior Citizen
COVID-19 pandemic situation can be difficult, especially for the senior citizens as the immune system starts to weaken as we age. So, to keep them protected from financial losses in case they contract COVID-19, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has come up with customised health insurance policies that offer coronavirus cover at affordable premiums. Not only the new senior citizen policyholders, but the existing ones (who purchased health insurance plans before contracting the disease) are also eligible to avail coverage benefits for COVID-19.
COVID-19 health insurance for senior citizens can be indemnity based or fixed benefit plans. Both protect the insured for expenses incurred due to treatment of COVID-19, provided the diagnosis has been done at a government recognised centre. Not only the senior citizens, but you can also include other family members under these policies. These may include legally wedded spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-laws. Note that most of these policies are short-term policies and hence, do not offer lifetime renewability benefits. However, you can purchase them with regulated health insurance plans and enjoy extended coverage against the novel coronavirus.
Inclusions Under COVID-19 Health insurance Plans For Senior Citizen
COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens cover you for the following healthcare expenses:
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens cover you for in-patient hospitalisation expenses. These are the expenses that incur due to hospitalisation of at least 24 hours. These expenses include room rent, nursing, boarding, blood, anesthesia, Doctor/Surgeon/Consultant fee, medicines, ICU/ICCU expenses, etc.
- Pre-Hospitalisation Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens cover you for expenses incurred for a fixed number of days before hospitalisation. The expenses include consultation fee of the doctor, medical tests, medicines, etc.
- Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens cover you for expenses incurred for a fixed number of days after hospitalisation. The expenses include medicines, medical tests, and doctor’s fee. Note that pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses should be related to the disease for which the hospitalisation has taken place.
- Daycare Hospitalisation Expenses: Daycare expenses are those that take less than 24 hours of hospitalisation. These include chemotherapy, dialysis, radiotherapy, cataract, tonsillectomy, etc. COVID-19 health insurance plans cover you for a limited number of such procedures.
- AYUSH Treatment: AYUSH treatments are medical treatments given under Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy systems of medicines. COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens cover you for these treatments.
- Road Ambulance Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans cover you for road ambulance expenses arising due to transporting the patient from a place to the nearest hospital. There is often a limit on road ambulance expenses, which may vary from plan to plan. The details related to limits can be found in the policy document.
Exclusions Under COVID-19 Health Insurance Plans For Senior Citizen
COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizen do not cover you for the following healthcare expenses:
- Home Quarantine: COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens do not cover you for expenses incurred due to staying in quarantine at your home.
- Non-Recognised Quarantine Center: Expenses incurred due to quarantine at non-recognised quarantine center are not included under COVID-19 health insurance policies for senior citizens.
- Pre-Existing Diseases: Expenses arising due to treatment of pre-existing diseases are not covered until the waiting period is completed under COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens.
- Hospitalisation Without Doctor’s Recommendation: COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens do not cover you for expenses arising due to hospitalisation without a qualified doctor’s recommendation.
COVID-19 Health Insurance Plans For Senior Citizen
The policyholders who are already covered under a health insurance policy before contracting COVID-19, are protected against treatment expenses related to the same. Apart from them, there are three COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens that protect them against several healthcare expenses. These are:
- Corona Kavach Policy: Corona Kavach Policy is a standard health insurance policy that offers protection to senior citizens from expenses arising due to COVID-19. It is an affordable policy that allows entry for senior citizens for up to 65 years of age. It is a short term policy that offers individual and family coverage. You can avail several coverage benefits under the policy, some of which include hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare expenses, AYUSH treatments, etc. You can choose from a wide range of sum insured options between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 5 Lakh in multiples of Rs. 50,000. The policy comes with a choice of tenure of 3 ½ months, 6 ½ months, and 9 ½ months.
- Corona Rakshak Policy: Corona Rakshak Policy is a fixed benefit health insurance policy that protects the insured against treatment expenses arising due to COVID-19. The policyholder, if covered under this policy, receives a lump sum amount in case they are tested positive for COVID-19 and require hospitalisation. Available for people aged between 18 years and 65 years, the policy covers senior citizens too on an individual basis. It comes with sum insured options of Rs. 50,000, Rs. 1 Lakh, Rs. 1.5 Lakh, Rs. 2 Lakh, and Rs. 2.5 Lakh. It is a short term policy that can be purchased for 3 ½ months, 6 ½ months, and 9 ½ months. In short, the policy saves your hard earned money, offers added protection even if you have a regular insurance policy, and lowers your stress.
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is another standard health insurance policy that offers cover against treatment expenses related to COVID-19 to the senior citizens. The maximum entry age for this policy is 65 years. You can buy the policy for sum insured options between Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 5 Lakh in multiples of Rs. 50,000. The policy offers cover for hospitalisation expenses, AYUSH treatment expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses and post-hospitalisation expenses, and ambulance expenses. The policy offers cover for cataract expenses for up to 25% of the sum insured or Rs. 40,000 whichever is less. Apart from self, you can also add legally wedded spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law.
How To Buy COVID-19 Health Insurance Plans For Senior Citizens At InsuranceDekho?
InsuranceDekho offers a smooth, transparent, and quick process of buying COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens. At the portal, you can buy health insurance plans within a few minutes by following the simple steps given below:
- Visit the website of InsuranceDekho. Then click on the health tab.
- Select your Gender. Then enter your Name and Mobile Number. You will receive an (One Time Password) OTP on the given number. Kindly enter the same.
- Tell us when you want to buy COVID-19 health insurance for senior citizens. Then click on ‘View Instant Quotes’ to proceed further.
- Select the members you want to add under your COVID-19 health insurance policy for senior citizens.
- Select the age of the members you want to add in your health insurance policy. Click on ‘Continue’.
- Select your Email ID and City in the next section. Then click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
- There will be several quotes displayed on your screen. Choose the one that you want to buy as per your budget and other requirements.
- Select the policy term that you want to buy the policy for and pay the required premium via secured payment gateway.
In case you find any difficulty in buying COVID-19 health insurance plans for senior citizens online, then you can switch to offline mode as well. For this, you can call on the toll-free number of InsuranceDekho, i.e. 7551-196-989 and talk to the customer care executives. You can share your requirements with them and they will help you shortlist the most suitable policy for you.
Health Insurance CalculatorHealth insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool that helps a potential heal...Read More
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Health Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Benefits of Individual Health Insurance Policy
An individual health insurance policy is a policy that cover...27 February 2021
- Importance of Individual Health Insurance Plans
With the rising medical expenses, the access to better medi...27 February 2021
- How To Buy Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans O...
It is true that health insurance buying a Senior Citizen He...27 February 2021
- Who Should Purchase Senior Citizen Health Insuranc...
Nowadays, companies offer separate health insurance policies...27 February 2021
- Useful Add On Covers To Opt with Senior Citizen He...
The medical situation's uncertainty has pushed many people t...27 February 2021
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- OPD Expense Coverage: 5 Health Insurance Policies ...
OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know...29 January 2020
- Government Schemes for the Benefits with Senior Ci...
The government has many schemes to aid the senior citizens o...09 November 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.