Pre-Existing Disease Cover from Day One by Popular Health Insurance Companies
Updated On Mar 16, 2021
Searching for a health insurance that covers pre-existing disease from the first day without any waiting period? If so, this article is worth a read, as it discusses two popular health policies with such a feature.
But, before exploring them, let’s dig out what pre-existing diseases are.
What is Pre-existing condition?
Pre-existing disease is an injury or medical condition that starts before your health insurance comes into effect i.e. before you buy a health policy. Conditions like cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, depression, etc. are some of the examples of pre-existing medical conditions.
Health Plans with Pre-existing Conditions
Below are the most popular health insurance plans with pre-existing condition benefits from day 1
1. Energy Health Insurance Plan
Energy is a product of Apollo Munich. It is a health insurance product that covers Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes or hypertension from the first day. It’s also a personalised management plan for diabetic patients.
Features of the Plan
The Energy plan comes with the following features and benefits:
- Day one coverage for hospitalisation due to diabetes and hypertension
- Cover for 30 days pre and 60 days post hospitalisation
- 144 daycare procedures coverage
- Cover for organ donor
- No claim bonus for every claim-free year
- The sum insured ranges between Rs. 2 Lakh and Rs. 50 Lakh
- Daily cash benefits if shared accommodation is chosen
Any person from 18 years to 65 years of age suffering from both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes can buy the Energy health insurance plan.
2. Diabetes Safe Plan
Diabetes Safe crafted by Star Health Insurance is another specialized healthcare policy for individuals with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. The policy has two variants Plan A and Plan B. The Plan A covers diabetes or related complications immediately after the policy is issued. However, a waiting period of 12 months is applied under Plan B from the date the policy is purchased.
Features of the Plan
Find the key features of the Diabetes Safe policy.
- No waiting period for diabetes and related complications under Plan A
- 30 days pre and 60 days post-hospitalisation expenses cover
- All daycare procedures covered
- Outpatient expenses cover like medical consultation, diagnostic tests
- Cover for dialysis expenses up to 24 months
- Donor expenses cover for kidney transplant surgery
- Personal Accident Death cover for the insured person
Anyone aged between 18 years to 65 years with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes is eligible for the cover under the Diabetes Safe policy.
3. Activ Health Enhanced Plan
Activ Health Enhanced Plan by Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company is a variant of Activ Health Plan. The comprehensive health insurance policy offers protection and other associated benefits to the policyholder right from day 1 of the cover.
Features of the Plan
Find the key features of the Activ Health Enhanced Plan:
- Pre-hospitalisation coverage for 60 days and post-hospitalisation cover till 180 days.
- Availability of health check-up program once during a policy tenure.
- Sum insured ranges between Rs. 2 Lakh to Rs. 2 Crore.
- Cumulative Bonus can be availed up to a limit of Rs 50 Lakh.
- Coverage for Organ Harvesting expenses that is caused to the donor.
- In patient hospitalisation coverage provided without any limits upon the covered diseases or room rent.
- Coverage for transportation costs incurred to a network hospital.
- Other optional benefits provided such as critical illness cover, personal accident cover, and international coverage for severe diseases or illness.
The minimum enrolment age that is allowed under Aditya Birla Activ Health Enhanced Plan is 91 days, and maximum age limit is not there under this plan.Also, during the enrolment for the plan, the proposer is required to undergo a medical test in order to analyse their existing health status.
You may also like to read: Want to get your PED conditions covered? Here's a list of plans with low waiting period
Thus, if you are looking for pre-existing disease cover from the first day of the policy issuance date then Energy by Apollo Munich and Diabetes Safe by Star Health is definitely a good choice to go for.
Want to buy any of these policies? Dial 1800-200-5544 and let all your medical worries be taken care of.