Does Health Insurance Policy Cover Paralysis
Updated On Dec 04, 2020
The human body has a relay system which is commonly known as the nervous system. The moment when your system suffers from any injury or damage, the messages sent to your muscles are obstructed, thereby resulting in loss of its functionality. This medical scenario is known as paralysis. This can either be a partial or a complete failure which may either be temporary or may persist lifelong.
Cost of Paralysis Treatment in India
A paralysis patient should seek immediate medical assistance for undergoing proper diagnosis and treatment. When it comes to treatment, your treatment charges shall vary in accordance with the severity of your medical condition and paralyzed region.
On average, your paralysis treatment cost may surge up anything between Rs 7,000 to Rs 1 Lakh. One thing to keep in mind is that your overall treatment cost shall depend on a variety of aspects, including your condition, intensity of paralysis, etc.
Check Whether Your Health Insurance Policy Covers Paralysis Treatment Cost
Unlike your primary health insurance plan, your critical illness plan shall cover paralysis treatment cost as a benefit-plan. Check if the plan contains paralysis cover under plan benefits. If it is not mentioned there, confirm it from your insurance company. Inquire about the possibility of adding a plan to your pre-existing plan.
Upon selecting this plan, you are eligible for a lump sum amount to be credited to your account as a single transaction. This transaction shall be made immediately after claiming for your paralysis diagnosis. The lump-sum amount can also be used up for treatment, care and recovery process from paralysis.
Top Critical Health Insurance Plans That Cover Cost of Paralysis Treatment
|Company Name||Plan Name||Entry Age|
|Bajaj Allianz General Insurance||Critical Illness Plan||18 years - 65 years (adult)|
|6 years - 21 years (adult)|
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance||Activ Secure - Critical Illness Plan||Minimum 5 years (Plan 1)|
|Minimum 18 years (Plan 2&3)|
|Universal Sompo General Insurance||Critical Illness Plan||18 years - 65 years|
|IFFCO Tokio General Insurance||Critical Illness Plan||5 years - 60 years|
This plan has a 1year/ 2 years/ 3year policy period and provides the following features:
- Covers 10 critical illnesses including paralysis treatment
- Provides coverage to your entire family and is accompanied with a lifetime renewability
- Total sum assured – 1 to Rs. 50 Lakh
This plan has an option of second E-opinion and provides following features:
- Available in the form of 3 different options – Plan 1 with 20 critical illnesses; Plan 2 with 50 critical illnesses, and Plan 3 with 64 critical illnesses.
- Covers an extensive range of insurance features such as medical treatment, recuperation, day-to-day needs, hospitalization, etc.
- Total sum assured – Up to 12 times the annual income of the policyholder (Maximum coverage – Rs. 1 crore)
This plan doesn’t require medical checkups till 55 years of age. The policy provides following features:
- Avails cashless hospitalization facility with coverage for more than 11 critical illnesses including paralysis.
- After the repayment of the first claim, all further premiums are waived off.
- Total sum assured – Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh
The policy provides the following features:
- Ensures life coverage for more than 25 critical illnesses along with a lifelong renewal facility.
- The plan provides an assured maturity sum of around 1 Crore.
- Total sum assured – Up to Rs. 1 crore.
Firstly, seek immediate medical assistance as soon as you notice symptoms.
Secondly, make sure that you have your paralysis treatment covered much ahead of the time when a need arises.
As paralysis can happen to anybody at any point in time, most of the health insurance companies place the insurance for paralysis under the critical illness coverage insurance policy. So, next time when you avail any health insurance plan, make sure that you inquire for the best deal on a critical illness health coverage plan which covers your paralysis treatment too.
You May Also Like To Read:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.