All About Optima Vital Health Insurance Plan for Critical Illness
Published On Nov 20, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
Being diagnosed with a critical illness is extremely worrying. While one minute, you think about all that is going through your mind and body, the next minute you think about arranging a huge amount of money to deal with the medical expenses. All in all, a critical illness such as Cancer, Kidney Failure, Heart Attack or any other, leaves your life upside down in every which way. It may only seem that critical illness diagnosis is the beginning of everything going out of your control. The fact is that with a critical illness insurance policy by your side, you can still take charge of your monetary situation and quality of treatment received.
What Makes Optima Vital Plan A Perfect Critical Illness Insurance Choice?
Optima Vital, a policy by HDFC ERGO (formerly Apollo Munich Health Insurance) is dedicated to critical illness. Helping critical illness patients manage their medical expenses without having to spend their savings or sell their assets, Optima Vital is one of the best critical illness policies that come with a series of benefits available at an affordable premium rate.
Significant features that make Optima Vital critical illness policy a great choice include:
- Coverage for 37 critical illnesses
- Payment of lump sum amount in case a critical illness is diagnosed
- Minimum entry age is 18 years
- Maximum entry age is 65 years
- Plan comes with lifelong renewability feature
- Policy tenure is 1 year and 2 years
- Sum insured amount ranges between Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 50 Lakh
- Plan is available at individual sum insured basis only. You can cover a maximum of 4 adults (self, spouse as well as dependent parents) and 5 children
- Cashless treatment available
Note that the 37 critical illnesses covered under the plan include Cancer, Kidney Failure requiring regular dialysis, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis with persisting symptoms, End stage Liver Disease, First Heart Attack, Major burns, Coma, Open Chest CABG, Major organ or Bone Marrow Transplant, Primary Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, Deafness, Blindness, Total Loss of Speech, and more.
Additional features of Optima Vital plan include:
- A second e-opinion from a medical expert from the health insurance company. This benefit can be availed once in the policy tenure.
- Sum insured enhancement can be performed at the time of policy renewal, in case the coverage amount seems less.
- Tax benefits under the Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Points to Remember
- Initial waiting period after which a claim can be made under Optima Vital is 90 days.
- Pre-existing illnesses are covered under Optima Vital plan after a period of 4 years.
- A pre-policy medical checkup is required if the sum insured amount is Rs. 6 Lakh or more.
- People belonging to the age group 46 years and above have to undergo the pre-policy medical test.
- The policy provides a 7.5% discount if the policyholder premium of 2 years in advance in a single payment.
In a Nutshell
Optima Vital by HDFC ERGO is a worthwhile choice to make.
This affordable, reliable critical illness insurance will not only make you secure in terms of availing first-rate treatment, but also by offering a significant amount in a single payment only to free you from other financial concerns.
Go ahead and buy Optima Vital if you really want to bid goodbye to critical illness related concerns, both mental and financial.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.