Best Cancer Insurance Plans In India
Updated On Oct 17, 2020
According to statistics published by “India against cancer”, this dreaded disease – cancer - claims more than 7 lakh lives in India every year.
The data given by the government agencies, state that there are about 258 cancer patients per lakh people in India as in 2019. This number is much higher than the data in 2016 which was 106 cancer patients per lakh people. The number of patients is expected to increase drastically in 2020.
To help people plan ahead for health and resulting financial emergencies in case of cancer, following insurance providers offer a specialty cancer care insurance product.
5 Best Cancer Insurance Plans In India
|Insurance Provider||Insurance Plan||Sum Assured||Entry age and restrictions|
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance||Active Secure – Cancer Secure||Min. - Rs. 5 lakhs||Min. age - 18 years|
|Max. - Rs. 1 crore||Max. age - 65 years|
|Care Health Insurance||Cancer Mediclaim||Min. - Rs. 10 lakhs||Min. age - 5 years|
|Max. - Rs. 2 crores||Max. age - 50 years|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||CritCare||Min. - Rs. 3 lakhs||Min. age - 18 years|
|Max. - Rs. 2 crores||Max. age - 65 years|
|Raheja QBE General Insurance||Cancer Insurance||Min. - Rs. 1 lakhs||Min. age - 1 day|
|Max. - Rs. 10 lakhs||Max. age - 70 years|
|Star Health Insurance||Cancer Care Gold||Min. - Rs. 3 lakhs||Min. age - 5 months|
|Max. - Rs. 5 lakhs||Max. age - 65 years|
1.Aditya Birla Active Secure- Cancer Secure
With a higher payout for early stage cancer detection and a lower survival period (7 days) requirement, this plan also offers:
- Payout of 150% on detection of critical stage.
- Cumulative bonus accruing due to no claim.
- 50% payout at early stage.
- A sum insured eligibility of up to 12 times of gross annual income
- Coverage for family
- A shorter waiting period for major stage cancer – 90 days.
2.Care Health Insurance- Cancer Mediclaim
This Cancer Insurance plan covers pre/post hospitalization expenses on a 30/60 days basis.
Other features include:
- Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy cover
- International second opinion
- Air Ambulance
- Hospitalization In-patient care up to Sum Insured
- Organ donor cover
- No claim bonus.
3.MaxBupa - CritCare
This plan is available as a standalone critical care product along with optional covers to enhance the coverage. the following are the key features of the plan :
- Available on Individual or family floater basis
- Option of income benefit
- Covers 20 critical illness including cancer of specified severity
- Optional coverage for accident and hospitalization daily cash benefit.
4.Raheja QBE - Cancer Insurance Policy
This plan claims to have no exit age if the policy is renewed discontinuously. It comes with the following features:
- 50% payment lump sum payment of SI on claim acceptance
- The policy covers diagnostic investigation and medical treatment of cancer.
5.Star Health - Cancer Care Gold
This is a pilot product introduced by Star Health and claims to provide seamless transition to similar products if discontinued. Additionally, it provides:
- Lump sum benefit of up to 50% on recurrence of cancer
- Indemnity cover for surgical and non-surgical treatments
- Suitable for people already diagnosed with cancer.
Thus, we see that there are good offerings from insurance providers to cover unforeseen costs arising out of cancer, and there are additional options ranging from hospitalization care to income benefits. Tax benefits are also available in most cases.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.