Covid Health Insurance For Family
Health insurance, especially during the coronavirus pandemic, has become the foremost priority for most people. Therefore, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has given a mandate to the insurance companies to offer coverage for the expenses incurred due to treatment of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). There are several general and health insurance companies in the market that offer COVID-19 health insurance plans for families. The cover is not only available for the new policy buyers but also for existing policyholders who were already covered before contracting the disease. COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover the proposer, his/her legally wedded spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents in law. These plans offer you financial security in case of high medical expenses, thereby keeping you stress free at all times.
Inclusions Under COVID-19 Health Insurance For Family
Usually, COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for the following:
- In-Patient Treatment Expenses: If covered under a COVID-19 health insurance policy, you will be protected from medical expenses arising due to hospitalisation of more than 24 hours. These expenses include room rent, nursing, boarding expenses, Doctor’s/Consultants/Surgeon’s fee, ICU charges, medicines, related consumables, etc. Note that only medical expenses that are directly related to hospitalisation will be covered.
- Pre-Hospitalisation Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for expenses arising before hospitalisation. These expenses include OPD expenses, X-rays, medical tests, etc. Insurance companies offer cover for pre-hospitalisation expenses for a specific number of days, let’s say 30 days or 60 days.
- Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for expenses arising after hospitalisation as well. These expenses include visits to the doctor for follow-ups, expenses arising due to X-rays, other medical tests, etc. Insurance companies offer cover for post-hospitalisation expenses for a specific number of days, let’s say 60 days or 90 days.
- Daycare Procedures: Daycare procedures are those which require hospitalisation of less than 24 hours. Under COVID-19 health insurance plans for family, you get cover for such procedures, as listed in the policy document. For instance, radiotherapy, sinusitis, chemotherapy, etc.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation: Domiciliary hospitalisation is when the treatment for an illness/disease/injury/sickness is taken at home that otherwise would have required hospitalisation. This may be due to several reasons, some of them being unavailability of beds in the hospital, or if the patient’s condition is such that he/she cannot be moved to a hospital. COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for domiciliary hospitalisation expenses.
- Organ Donor Expenses: Family health insurance policies for COVID-19 cover you for expenses arising due to harvesting the organ, wherein the insured is the recipient.
- Treatments Taken Under AYUSH Systems of Medicines: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for in-patient treatments taken under AYUSH systems of medicines. These are Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Yoga, Homeopathy.
- Dental Treatment if Necessitated Due to an Accident: Unlike most regular health insurance plans, COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover offer you cover for dental treatment if required due to an unfortunate event of an accident. The liability covered is specified in the policy wordings of a particular health insurance policy.
- Road Ambulance Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for road ambulance expenses arising due to transporting the patient to the nearest hospital. The road ambulance expenses are covered for up to a specific limit, as specified in the policy document.
Note that the coverage benefits may vary as per the COVID-19 health insurance policy. So, make sure to go through the policy wordings before purchasing any COVID-19 health insurance policy.
Exclusions Under COVID-19 Health Insurance Policy For Family
COVID-19 health insurance plans for family do not cover you for all healthcare expenses. Some of the exclusions under these plans are:
- Home Quarantine: COVID-19 health insurance policy does not cover you for expenses arising during home quarantine.
- Non-Recognised Quarantine Center: If you quarantine yourself at a non-recognised quarantine center, then you will not be covered for the expenses incurred.
- Pre-Existing Diseases: Until you complete the waiting period for pre-existing diseases, you will not be covered for any expenses incurred due to the same.
- Prenatal And Postnatal Expenses: Unless it leads to hospitalisation, you will not be covered for pre-natal and post-natal expenses under COVID-19 health insurance plans for family.
COVID-19 Health Insurance Plans For Family
Following are the COVID-19 health insurance plans for family:
- Corona Kavach Policy: Launched by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on 10 July 2020, Corona Kavach Policy is a standard health insurance policy. The policy
comes at affordable premiums and offers cover for the expenses incurred due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Available for people aged between 18 years and 65 years, Corona Kavach is a short term policy that can be purchased from several popular insurance companies. Some coverage benefits of the policy include home care treatment, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, AYUSH treatment expenses, hospitalisation expenses, etc. The policy comes with an optional cover of hospital daily cash with which you can avail cash benefit of 0.5% of the sum insured for every completed day of hospitalisation, up to a maximum of 15 days. Also, you can avail tax benefits on the premium paid for this policy, under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is another standard health insurance policy launched by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on 1 April, 2020. Arogya Sanjeevani Policy can be purchased by people aged between 18 years and 65 years on individual or on family floater basis. On the floater basis, you can include a self, legally wedded spouse, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law by paying a single premium. The policy comes with a wide range of sum insured options between Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 5 Lakh in multiples of Rs. 50,000, that the insured can choose as per their requirements and budget. You can purchase the policy for a term of 1 year and avail several coverage benefits such as hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare expenses, AYUSH treatments, road ambulance expenses, new age treatments, etc.
How To Buy COVID-19 Health Insurance For Family At InsuranceDekho?
At InsuranceDekho, you can purchase COVID-19 health insurance plans for family in two ways, i.e. online mode and offline mode. To buy the plan online, you must follow the simple steps given below:
- Visit the official website of InsuranceDekho and select the health tab.
- Select your gender and enter your name and mobile number. You will receive an OTP on the given number. Kindly enter the same.
- Choose the time when you want to buy the policy and click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ to proceed further.
- Select the family members you want to include under your COVID-19 health insurance policy for family.
- Select the age of the selected family members who you wish to add in the policy. Then click on ‘Continue’
- Select your Email ID and City in the next section and click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
- You will see several health insurance plans as per your requirements. Select the one you wish to buy.
- Select the policy term. Pay the required premium online.
To buy the policy offline, you can contact the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho on the toll-free number 7551-196-989 and share your requirements.
Health Insurance CalculatorHealth insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool that helps a potential heal...Read More
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Choose a Health Insurance Plan For
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Health Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- 5 Must Know Health Insurance Terms
Health Insurance refers to a type of insurance which covers ...09 March 2021
- Does Covid Vaccine Provide Lifelong Protection?
Since the onset of the pandemic-declared Coronavirus, the wo...08 March 2021
- Coronavirus Vaccine: What You Can And Cannot Do Af...
This article mentions the things that you can and cannot do ...08 March 2021
- How To Claim Health Insurance?
An insurance claim is a formal request made by the policy ho...08 March 2021
- How Safe is it to Plan Pregnancy After Covid Vacci...
This article briefly mentions the tensions and apprehensions...07 March 2021
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- Government Schemes for the Benefits with Senior Ci...
The government has many schemes to aid the senior citizens o...09 November 2020
- OPD Expense Coverage: 5 Health Insurance Policies ...
OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know...29 January 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.