Compare Health Insurance
The list of health insurance policies provided by health insurance companies in India is huge. Health insurance policies are specifically designed to provide optimum financial protection from sky-rocketing medical treatment costs during unexpected medical emergencies. The important thing about health insurance policies to note is that they only work if they are right for the policyholder in the first place.
Health insurance comparison is a must before making a health insurance policy purchase to eliminate unsuitable options, to know what is right and to make a choice that is worthwhile.
Why You Should Compare Health Insurance Policies in India?
Comparison of health insurance policies in India is highly advised before making a final choice. A health insurance policy buyer must dedicate some time and efforts in performing comparison of health insurance policies so that the purchase made is correct in every manner.
Below mentioned are key reasons that make health insurance comparison of great significance:
- To Get a Better Premium That Is Affordable - Getting health insurance at an ideal price is something that every health insurance policy buyer wants. Health insurance companies provide multiple plans at different premium ranges. In order to get a better premium price that fits the budget, one must perform comparison of health insurance policies.
- To Get a Health Insurance Policy That Meets the Requirements - Health insurance policy comparisons help a policy buyer in getting a perfect health insurance policy that meets their specific medical needs in the complete manner. Since different health insurance companies offer different policies with different features, it is always worthwhile to invest time in comparing all the possible options first.
- To Get Additional Benefits - While performing comparison of health insurance policies, there are high chances that the buyer finds out more about the additional benefits. Comparison may also help learn about some unknown additional benefits. Comparison of the health insurance plan may help you to discover additional benefits in detail. For instance, emergency ambulance service charges may vary with insurers. Furthermore, while many companies may offer benefits like AYUSH, alternative therapeutic treatments and others, some may not.
- To Make Sensible Decisions - Performing health insurance policies will introduce you to significant aspects of health insurance as well as the norms. Considering various key factors like waiting period, pre-existing disease and others will help you make wise decisions at the end.
Things to Consider While Comparing Health Insurance
Comparison of health insurance policies must be performed on the basis of elements that form the base of a plan. Moreover, it is important to consider all major aspects so that the comparison performed is complete and does not lack clarity from any end.
Here are the prime factors a health insurance policy buyer must keep in mind while performing comparison:
- Health Insurance Company: Check the company for its IRDA registration as well as Claim Settlement Ratio. Reading public reviews of the company may also help you in getting an overview.
- Policy Type: The decision to buy an individual policy, family floater, and senior citizen policy is yours. Each policy type has its own advantages and disadvantages. Make sure you consider both while comparing your policy options.
- List of Network Hospitals: Most health insurance policy buyers avail cashless treatment at the time of making a claim. Therefore, it is important to look for network hospitals in your city so that availing cashless treatment is easy if and when the need arises.
- Sum Insured Amount: Different insurance companies may offer different sum insured amount for one year. It is important to check the sum insured offered and compare it based on the insurer as it will form the base for premium.
- Refill Sum Insured: Refill of sum insured is one of the key aspects based on which one must perform comparison of health insurance policies. You must make a choice on whether your health insurance company will allow refill of the sum insured or not.
- Lifetime Renewability: As per IRDA, it is mandatory for health insurance companies to provide lifelong renewability. Make sure you compare policies based on the same aspect as well.
- Waiting Period: Performing health insurance policy comparison based on waiting period for general illness, pre-existing diseases, maternity, and other illnesses is a must to make sure you pick one with the lowest.
- Premium: Remember to compare premium and not go with a plan just because it offers the lowest. Premium should be kept in mind along with other coverage aspects to make a wise choice.
- Sub-Limits: Health insurance policies may come with sub-limits. It is one of the key things to keep in mind while comparing health insurance to know how much benefit you will be getting.
- Day-care Procedure Coverage: Performing health insurance policy comparisons based on day care coverage is highly advisable so that you know which one to go with at last.
- Critical Illness Benefit: If critical illness cover is your key requirements make sure you compare health insurance based on the same. Know that while some insurance policies offer critical illness cover as an added benefit, others may have it as a separate add-on cover.
- Available Add-ons: During policy comparison make sure you check the policies for add-ons they cover. Remember to check add-ons in a detailed manner so that you know you are choosing the right cover from the beginning.
- 0% Co-Payment: Many health insurance policies come with a co-payment while others do not. Being clear about this aspect is recommended so that you do not get disappointed at the last minute.
- Complimentary Health Check-ups: When comparing different health insurance policies make sure you do not skip complimentary health check-ups. Free check-ups for a claim-free year or a complimentary annual health check-up is always a bonus.
- Income Tax Benefit: Check the policy options with their insurance companies providing an income tax exemption certificate for the premium paid to end up with a better alternative.
What Are the Disadvantages of Not Comparing Health Insurance Policies?
Health insurance policy comparison is for the benefit of the customer only. By performing comparison, a health insurance buyer saves time, welcomes convenience, makes an unbiased decision and gains more awareness about the cover. However, failure in comparing health insurance policy can result in:
- A wrong health insurance product that may not suit your requirement, which in turn, may bring financial instability when the need arises.
- Purchase of a random policy with missing essential features.
- Choose a policy with a limited sum insured, which may not prove to be enough later.
- Waste a significant amount of premium money on the wrong purchase.
Health Insurance Comparison - Online or Offline?
Online comparison of health insurance policy is highly recommended as it:
- Does not require any investment from the policy buyer. All the information is available online which makes comparison and analysis extremely easy.
- Does not waste time, for instance in meeting an agent or representative.
- Provides complete information transparency.
- Does not require visiting the insurance company/agent office physically and waiting in long queues for buying an insurance policy after comparison.
Health Insurance CalculatorHealth insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool Health insurance premium calculator is an online tool that helps a potential heal...Read More
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Choose a Health Insurance Plan For
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Health Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Does Covid Vaccine Provide Lifelong Protection?
Since the onset of the pandemic-declared Coronavirus, the wo...08 March 2021
- Coronavirus Vaccine: What You Can And Cannot Do Af...
This article mentions the things that you can and cannot do ...08 March 2021
- How To Claim Health Insurance?
An insurance claim is a formal request made by the policy ho...08 March 2021
- How Safe is it to Plan Pregnancy After Covid Vacci...
This article briefly mentions the tensions and apprehensions...07 March 2021
- Importance Of Health Insurance For Women
Women often get so engaged in fulfilling family duties and r...07 March 2021
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- Government Schemes for the Benefits with Senior Ci...
The government has many schemes to aid the senior citizens o...09 November 2020
- OPD Expense Coverage: 5 Health Insurance Policies ...
OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know...29 January 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.