What Is Young Star Insurance Policy by Star Health?
Updated On Dec 02, 2020
Founded in the year 2006, Star Health & Allied Insurance Co Ltd is India's first standalone health insurance provider. Offering a vast range of products based on personal accident and overseas travel insurance, Star Health has a massive array of health insurance products as well. With a Claim Settlement Ratio of 78.52%, Star Health promises individuals, families, and corporate organizations superior services. The health insurance product range of Star Health comprises Family Delite, Star Care Micro Insurance, Criticare Plus, Net Plus, and others, with Young Star Insurance Policy being the new one.
What Is the Young Star Insurance Policy?
Launched in March 2020, Young Star Insurance Policy is an excellent health insurance option for young and adults. A perfect choice for people between the age range of 18 years and 40 years, Young Star Insurance Policy provides financial protection against any unexpected medical emergencies and health-related expenses. Easily available at a low premium rate, Star Health’s new product provides extraordinary coverage benefits.
What Are the Key Features of Young Star Insurance Policy?
Highly recommendable for health-conscious individuals, Young Star Insurance Policy has a wide features range that includes:
- Lifelong renewability
- No third party administrator
- Faster & hassle-free claim settlement
- Cashless hospitalization
- Policy term options include 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years
- Plan available under Silver and Gold variant
- The minimum age at entry age is 18 years; the maximum age at entry is 40 years
- Children aged 91 days up to 25 years covered (financially dependent)
- Available on an individual as well as family floater sum insured basis
- Sum insured range - Rs. 3 Lakh up to Rs. 1 Crore
- No pre-acceptance medical screening is required for plan purchase
- Coverage for mental illness
- OPD or hospitalization expenses due to coronavirus
- Coverage for modern treatment
- No capping on room rent
- Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual premium payment allowed
- Pre-existing diseases or illnesses covered after 12 months of continuous cover without any break
- Addition of newly married/wedded spouse & newborn baby allowed on additional premium payment in the mid-term
- 10% loyalty discount at the time of renewal after 40 years of age
- Freelook period of 15 days for policy cancellation
- A grace period of 30 days (annual premium) and 7 days (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly)
- Tax benefits in adherence to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
What Does Young Star Insurance Policy Provide in Its Cover?
Young Star Insurance Policy is Star Health’s policy that customers have been preferring owing to the inclusion of wider and unique benefits. If you too have been considering this policy, know that it covers:
Under Silver & Gold Plan
- Room rent, boarding, nursing expenses; fees of the surgeon, medical practitioner, and others; ICU, OT, and other charges
- 60 days pre-hospitalization expenses; 90 days post hospitalization expenses
- Emergency road ambulance charges
- Daycare procedures
- E-Medical opinion
- Expenses incurred towards Cost of Health check-up
- Automatic restoration of sum insured amount
- Cumulative bonus at 20% of the basic sum insured for each claim-free year
- An additional basic sum insured for RTA or Road Traffic Accident RTA
- Star Wellness Program - Discount in renewal premium for a healthy lifestyle
Only Under Gold Plan
- Delivery expenses: Expenses for delivery including C-section delivery (including pre-natal and post-natal expenses) up to Rs. 30,000 per delivery
- Hospital cash benefit: Cash benefit of Rs. 1,000 for each completed day of hospitalization
List of Modern Treatment Covered
One of the key coverages under the Young Star Insurance Policy is modern treatment. Below mentioned is the list of modern treatment covered:
- Robotic Surgeries
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Intra Vitreal injections
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Oral Chemotherapy
- Stereotactic radio surgeries
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- Vaporization of the prostate
- Stem cell therapy
- Uterine artery Embolization and HIFU
- Immunotherapy-Monoclonal Antibody to be given as an injection
Star Health is one of the renowned health insurance companies that has left no stone unturned in catering to the diverse health insurance requirements of its customers. Young Star Insurance Policy is proof of the same. To provide the best possible support to customers, Star Health has a series of policies including Cardiac Care, Diabetes Safe, Red Carpet, Star Comprehensive, Family Health Optima, Corona Rakshak Policy, Corona Kavach Policy, and many more. More about Star Health Insurance can be read here.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.