What Is Not Covered in Aarogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy?
Updated On Nov 17, 2020
Health insurance is a very handy plan to have when medical and surgical expenses soar for an insured individual. Health insurance ensures that the person may receive good health care without taking stress about the expenses incurred. The insurance company takes care of the expenses on the end of the policyholder. The Aarogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance is a typical health insurance plan that covers the medical expenses due to the insured individual's illness. The plan takes care of healthcare expenses from 3 lakhs to up to 5 lakhs. The coverage also includes pre and post hospitalization expenses, hospital room rent, ICU services, and even new age treatments. Arogya Sanjeevani is a complete health care plan that looks after all the financial costs payable in medical emergency times.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has made all insurance companies mandatorily provide the Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy from April of 2020. The average health insurance policy offers a basic health insurance coverage of Rs.3 lakhs to Rs.5 lakhs. It makes available the treatment of COVID-19 and takes care of its expenses and takes care of the medical costs due to hospitalization.
Types of Aarogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
The following are the two types of plans that one can avail of through the Aarogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy:
1. Individual Plan: The policyholder alone will be the beneficiary of the policy, and no one else can avail of that exact policy
2. Family Floater Plan: The policyholder, along with several household members, can utilize the policy by becoming beneficiaries of the plan.
Some financial planning experts say that the policy is an excellent entry-level product but would not be a sufficient amount of money for a family of people but is perfect for insuring an individual.
Things Not Covered in the Aarogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance
There is a definite need to study the policy exclusions before deciding on buying a policy. The policy exclusions for Aarogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance policy includes the following:
1. Any hospitalisation costs and the pre-hospitalisation expenses incurred which is not a result of the disease mentioned in the claim raised.
2. Gender change procedures or treatments are not covered by the policy.
3. Plastic surgeries and cosmetic procedures are not covered by the policy.
4. Any rehabilitation or treatment due to a substance abuse is not covered by the policy.
5. Sterility procedures or fertility treatments are not covered.
6. Maternity treatments or aspects related to maternity are not covered under the policy.
7. Any treatment without a doctor’s recommendation or one which is not a medical necessity will not be covered by the policy.
8. Any treatments taken outside of India are not covered by the policy.
9. Any dietary based treatments are not covered by the policy unless explicitly prescribed by a doctor.
10. Any injury sustained due to adventurous or hazardous sporting activity.
11. Any injury, disease which has war as a reason behind it.
12. Weight reduction and obesity treatments are not covered by the policy.
13. Eye correction procedures are not covered by the policy.
The Aarogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance policy is an excellent policy to purchase as it offers excellent coverage and has many benefits. Health insurance is an excellent purchase, and many companies offer this policy, as mentioned above. The policy is especially useful in the ongoing pandemic, where it is challenging to ensure excellent medical care.
You May Also Like to Read: Star Arogya Sanjeevani Policy Health Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.