Reasons to Choose HDFC ERGO my: health Suraksha Plan
Published On Dec 12, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
HDFC Ergo my: health Suraksha Plan caters to the medical needs of the policyholder as well as the insured members in his family. The policyholder by purchasing this insurance plan can safeguard his family against any accidental injuries or unpredictable illness at an affordable price.
The policy offers the benefit of cashless Mediclaim in-network hospitals and reimbursement of healthcare cost on getting hospitalized in the non-network hospitals. Coverage is extended for hospitalization expenses, ambulance charges, daycare procedures, domiciliary treatment, AYUSH treatment, and organ donor expenses.
Features of my: health Suraksha Plan by HDFC Ergo
The features of the policy are highlighted below:
- This plan comes with multiple sum insured options starting from Rs 3 lakhs to 75 lakhs.
- The policyholder can choose either a two-year plan or an annual health insurance plan
- Availability of cashless hospitalization facilities in over 6000 plus network hospitals.
- Annual tax benefits on premium paid.
- For each claim-free year, the policyholder can avail a cumulative bonus.
- Minimum documentation required during the claim settlement process.
- No maximum age limit.
- No need for pre-policy medical check-ups for people below the age of 45 years (only if the policyholder has declared regarding any pre-existing illness).
- The policyholder can opt for a long term policy for up to 3 years with an affordable premium.
- Additional cover options such as recovery benefit, air ambulance, and infertility cover.
- Wellness features such as health incentives, fitness discounts at the time of renewal, etc.
- Flexi benefit options such as selecting room rent capping, availing discounts on premium with co-payment option.
- Availability of certain discount options such as long-term policy discounts, family discounts, and loyalty discounts.
Insurance Coverage Offered Under HDFC Ergo my: health Suraksha Plan
The coverage offered under HDFC Ergo my: health Suraksha Plan is as follows:
1. Pre-hospitalisation Expenses: Medical costs incurred 60 days before the hospitalization of an insured individual, provided that such healthcare cost has been incurred due to the same injury for which subsequent hospitalization was needed.
2. Post-hospitalisation Expenses: Medical costs incurred 180 days after the insured individual has been discharged from the hospital provided that such healthcare cost has been incurred due to the same injury for which subsequent hospitalization was needed.
3. Day Care Procedures: The insurance company pays the cost incurred by the insured person on day care treatment either in the hospitals or day care centers.
4. Ambulance Cover: The insurance provider pays for the cost incurred due to ambulance services by the insured.
5. Organ Donor Expenses: The insurance provider pays for the expenses incurred towards the hospitalization of an organ donor in order to harvest the donated organ, the recipient of which is an insured individual.
6. Alternative Treatment: Payment of medical expenses incurred by the insured individual on alternative treatments such as Ayurvedic, Unani, Homeopathy, and Siddha.
7. Domiciliary Hospitalisation: Payment of healthcare costs arising out of domiciliary hospitalization of the insured individual.
What is Not Covered Under HDFC Ergo my: health Suraksha Plan?
The key exclusions from HDFC Ergo my: health Suraksha Plan is as follows:
1. Cost incurred from plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery.
2. Cost incurred from the treatment of HIV, STDs, and AIDS.
3. Damage or injury due to criminal activity.
4. Attempt to suicide or self-inflicted injury.
5. Expenses incurred from the treatment of drugs or alcohol overdose.
6. Expenses incurred from the treatment of weight loss or obesity.
7. Expenses incurred from unproven or experimental treatments.
8. Expenses incurred from the treatment of miscarriage, in fertilization, or pregnancy.
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy of HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company
Is HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Policy Suitable for You? Here is Everything You Should Know
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.