Health Insurance for Paralysis Treatment in India
Published On Jan 21, 2021
Paralysis is one of the common life-threatening diseases that one may across in life. Considering the severity of the illness as well the huge cost of treatment involved, it is recommended to have adequate health insurance coverage for the critical illness. This article will cover facts related to paralysis as well as health insurance for paralysis in India.
What is Paralysis?
Paralysis is a medical condition that results in loss of muscle functioning in the body. Usually one suffers from paralysis when one’s nervous system has been damaged. The patient with this condition experience sensory loss in the affected areas, and motor loss, i.e. because of loss of muscle function. Paralysis can be temporary or permanent, or partial or complete. As far as the treatment of paralysis is concerned, physiotherapy sometimes may work wonders to retain and regain the energy levels of the body.
Health Insurance for Paralysis Treatment in India
Paralysis is considered a critical illness and therefore your regular health insurance policy does not cover you for the same. To be protected against the same, you will be required to buy a particular critical illness policy that provides you adequate cover for all medical expenses arising due to the treatment of paralysis. If not interested in buying an additional health insurance policy, you can also go for critical illness cover as a rider to the comprehensive health insurance plan.
Health Insurance Plans For Paralysis In India
Unlike traditional health insurance plans, critical illness plans are fixed-benefit plans. Under these plans, a lump sum amount is paid if the insured gets diagnosed with paralysis or even other critical illness that the policy covers them for, along with paralysis. When your doctor recommends treatment for paralysis, then the critical illness plan provides you a lump sum benefit in one transaction, which you can use to pay for the treatment, recovery, and care. You may also use the money to pay off debts, if any, adapting to a new lifestyle, substitute for lost income, or even avail treatment outside India, if required, thereby covering you during tough times.
Top Health Insurance Plans In India For Paralysis
Following are the top 5 health insurance plans that cover you for paralysis treatment in India:
1. Bajaj Allianz Critical Insurance Policy: This policy covers people aged between 90 days and 80 years for several critical illnesses. If covered under the policy, you can opt for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 50 lakh.
2. Kotak Mahindra Secure Shield Plan: You can also avail protection against expenses related to the treatment of paralysis if covered under Kotak Mahindra Secure Shield Plan. The policy covers people aged between 18 years and 65 years for sum insured options up to Rs. 5 lakh.
3. Aditya Birla Critical Illness Insurance Policy: This is another critical illness policy that comes in 3 variants. For plan 1 and 2, the minimum entry age is 5 years and for plan 3, the minimum age is 18 years. The policy comes with sum insured options for up to 12 times the annual income of the proposer for a maximum of Rs. 1 crore.
4. IFFCO Tokio Critical Illness Insurance Policy: IFFCO Tokio Critical Illness Insurance Policy covers you for treatment of several critical illnesses apart from paralysis. You can seek cover under the policy if you are aged between 3 years and 65 years, for sum insured options up to Rs. 1 crore.
5. Universal Sompo Critical Health Insurance Plan: This is another popular critical illness insurance policy that offers cover for paralysis treatment. People aged between 5 years and 65 years can seek cover under the policy for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 2.5 lakh and Rs. 20 lakh.
No doubt that paralysis is a life-threatening ailment. Therefore, you should get adequate coverage in advance so that you are prepared for the worst. Your existing health insurance policy or the one provided to you by your employer may cover you for medical expenses, but for a specific limit. But a critical illness policy provides you a lump sum amount in a single transaction on the first diagnosis of paralysis or any other critical illness, that you can use as per your own convenience.
Also, when buying critical illness plans for paralysis, you should not forget to compare different plans for various factors such as sum insured, Claim Settlement Ratio of the insurer, diseases covered under the plan, etc. You can also use InsuranceDekho’s health insurance premium calculator to compare different plans and shortlist the most suitable one for yourself.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.