Coronavirus in India: Rain's Impact on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Published On 06 Mar 2020 By Prashant Sriavastava
Delhi NCR is experiencing heavy rains and it is raising a question mark whether it will have any impact on the spread of novel coronavirus.
The good news is that there is nothing to panic, as a drop in temperature won’t impact cornonavirus spread, according to medical professionals. Also, there is no proof that the virus spreads at a low temperature.
“There is no relation between decline in temperature and the spread of the virus” said Balram Bhargava, director general of the Indian Council of Medical Research. Bhargava also stated that the virus doesn’t spread through the air, but it is the human contact that increases the virus spread.
Though pharmaceutical companies and health officials around the world are working hard on developing vaccines for the symptoms of novel coronavirus COVID-19, prevention is the best cure available to us till date. In light of this fact, it is good to take care of yourself against cough and cold when the mercury is dropping slightly due to overcast skies and rains.
With the novel coronavirus threatening to spread in the country, there are ways you can stay safe from the scourge.
- Avoid making close contact with sick people.
- Maintain at least 3 feet distance with one who is sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Try to stay home, especially when you are sick.
- Use tissues to cover your cough or sneeze. Dispose the tissue safely.
- Do remember to clean objects that you touch very frequently. Use household cleaning wipe or spray for this.
- Don’t think you are safe because you wear a mask. A mask is not necessary unless you take care of an infected person.
- Washing your hands with soap and water is a must. Do it for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, eating, and blowing your nose.
To know about health insurance for coronavirus, click here.