Benefits of Health Companion Policy offered by Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Published On Nov 20, 2021 5:30 AM By KANIKA WADHWA
Table of Contents
Niva Bupa Health Insurance (formerly known as Max Bupa Health Insurance) is a popular name in the insurance sector that offers a wide variety of health insurance plans catering to different needs of the policy buyers. These plans cover individuals, families, senior citizens, parents, children, etc. for several major healthcare expenses. One such reliable health insurance policy offered by the renowned insurer is Health Companion Policy, the coverage features of which we are going to discuss further in the article.
The policy comes in 4 variants namely variant 1, variant 2, variant 3, and Family First, which covers people for a variety of sum insured options between Rs. 2 Lakh and Rs. 200 Lakh. The policy can cover up to 19 relationships including parents, children, siblings, etc. and can be purchased for 1 year, 2 year, or 3 years as per your budget and requirements.
Read on to understand the policy coverage benefits in detail:
Also Read: Top Health Insurance Riders
Coverage Benefits Offered Under Health Companion Policy offered by Niva Bupa Health Insurance
If covered under Health Companion Policy offered by Niva Bupa Health Insurance, you will be protected for the following expenses:
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: Health Companion Policy covers you for in-patient hospitalisation expenses for up to the sum insured. These expenses include room rent, nursing, boarding expenses, etc. The benefit is available in all the variants.
- Pre-Hospitalisation And Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: The policy offers the insured protection against pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days and 60 days respectively. The benefit will be covered up to the sum insured.
- Daycare Treatments: Daycare treatments are those which do not require hospitalisation of at least 24 hours. These include radiotherapy, chemotherapy, cataract, sinusitis, etc. The policy covers you for such treatments for up to the sum insured limit.
- Emergency Ambulance Expenses: These are the expenses arising due to transfer of the patient to the nearest hospital in case of a medical emergency. If covered under this policy, you will be provided emergency ambulance cover for up to Rs. 3,000.
- Living Organ Donor Transplant: The policy covers you for expenses arising due to living organ donor transplant for up to the sum insured limit.
- Vaccination For Animal Bite: The policy protects you for expenses arising due to animal bite for different amounts as per the sum insured opted. For instance, Rs. 2,500, Rs. 5,000, and Rs. 7,500.
- Alternative Treatments: The policy covers you for alternative treatments, that include ayurveda, unani, sidha, and homeopathy systems of medicines for up to the sum insured limit.
- Health Check-up: The policy covers you for health check-up expenses once in two year, or in one year, as per the sum insured chosen, as well as according to the annexure.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation: These are the expenses that incur due to treatment availed at home. The policy covers you for domiciliary hospitalisation expenses for up to the sum insured limit.
- Modern Treatments: The policy covers you for modern treatments for up to the sum insured with a sub-limit of Rs. 1 Lakh on a few robotic surgeries.
Apart from these benefits, the policy comes with an optional benefit of hospital cash that offers cash of Rs. 1,000 per day, Rs. 2,000 per day, Rs. 4,000 per day, for different variants, in case of hospitalisation. There is also a safeguard rider under which Claim Safeguard, No Claim Bonus Safeguard, and Sum Insured Safeguard benefits are offered.
Health Companion Policy is a useful product that covers you and your family for several healthcare expenses at an affordable premium. iT is recommended to buy this policy even if you have an employer’s provided health insurance policy as it offers wide coverage. Rest assured, the policy will keep you protected at all times.
Must Read: Why Should You Add Critical Illness Cover In Your Health Insurance Portfolio?
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.