All About Star Health Insurance Policies
Published On Jan 16, 2021, Updated On Apr 25, 2021
Star Health and Allied Insurance are one of the leading names in the insurance market. They have impressive 10,000+ hospitals in their network, making cashless hospitalization convenient for their clients. As many as 90% of their claims have been settled in less than 2 hours, a testament to their efficiency and has also been awarded the health insurance provider of the year award. The company has several different plans that can cater to people with different needs. The plans are as follows:
- Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
- Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
- Star Care Micro Insurance Policy
- Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- Star Cancer Care Gold
- Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care
- Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
- Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Young Star Insurance Policy
- Arogya Sanjeevani, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd
- Star Group Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) Insurance Policy
- Star Outpatient Care Insurance Policy
- Star Special Care
- Medi classic Insurance Policy
The most popular of these plans are:
1. Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
The Star Family Health Optima plan is a comprehensive yet affordable health insurance plan. It functions on both individual and a family floater basis, allowing you to include in addition to yourself, your spouse, and dependent children from the age of 16 days to 25 years. Any Indian Citizen from the age of 18 - 65 is eligible for this plan. The plan also has lifelong renewability.
- Extra sum insured free of cost.
- Health checkup benefits would be given for every claim-free year.
- Automatic restoration of Sum insured by 100% each time once it's completely exhausting.
- All daycare procedures are covered.
- Cover for Assisted Reproductive Treatment
- New-born baby cover after 16 days from birth.
- Donor expenses for organ transplantation are covered.
2. Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Star Cardiac Care Insurance policy is a plan specifically designed for people with existing cardiac problems. Any indian citizen between the ages of 10 - 65 is eligible for this plan.
It comes in 2 options: Gold and Silver plans.
The silver plan covers surgeries and interventions and the gold plan covers medical management for cardiac treatments in addition to surgeries and interventions.
- Cover for outpatient treatments
- Cover for hospitalization expenses for accidents and unrelated treatments.
- Personal accident death cover
3. Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
The Star health gain insurance policy is a flexible health care plan that is available on an individual and floater basis. The floater covers the spouse and dependent children of the spouse. The plan allows for customization in premium payments and flexible sum insured amounts.
- Flexible sum insured amounts
- Outpatient and inpatient cove
- Flexible premium options
- All day care procedures are covered
- Ambulance charges covered
4. Star Group Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) Insurance Policy:
The Star Group Novel Coronavirus insurance policy is an affordable Covid-19 insurance plan specifically designed for providing lump-sum financial benefit to the patients who are diagnosed with coronavirus. The eligibility is 18 years to 65 years, and anyone dependent child could be covered under the parent’s policy.
- The option of the sum insured is INR 21,000 and INR 42,000
- No pre-acceptance medical screening
- The amount is paid in a lump sum
- Once the amount is paid, the policy would cease to exist.
The star health alliance is an excellent company to get health insurance from as there are several benefits attached to it. It has a wide variety of policies so it can cater to everyone. The most popular plans from Star Health are: Family Health Optima Insurance Plan, Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy, Star Health Gain Insurance Policy and Star Group Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) Insurance Policy.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.