All About ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Plan
Published On Apr 08, 2021, Updated On May 12, 2021
Table of Contents
The primary objective of the ProHealth Insurance Plan by ManipalCigna health insurance is to offer complete healthcare coverage to an individual and his family members, when confronted with an unexpected health care emergency. The plan helps in protecting the medical expenses of the policyholder via health insurance cover. It comes in various variants such as ProHealth Plus, ProHealth Protect, ProHealth Preferred, ProHealth Accumulate Large Cover and ProHealth Premier. It provides a comprehensive cover from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 1 Crore, wherein the policyholder can select the sum insured as per their age, income, number of members they wish to include in the family etc.
The coverage offered under this health insurance plan includes day care procedures, hospitalisation expenses, domiciliary treatment, etc. Various other benefits offered to the policyholder includes cumulative bonus, health maintenance benefit, medical check-up on renewal, comprehensive cover of up to Rs. 1 crore, sum insured restoration etc.
Key Features of ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan
The salient features of ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan are as follows:
- The policyholder can purchase policy on a 1 year or 2 year basis as per their preference. In case, if they want to continue with the same plan, then they can renew the existing plan.
- The policyholder can choose sum insured under this plan in the range of Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 1 Crore.
- The premium payable against the health insurance plan will be dependent upon various factors like sum insured, add-on cover, gender, members insured, health condition of the insured individual, etc.
- The policy can be availed either on individual basis or family floater basis. On family floater basis, the policy proposer can insure a maximum of 3 children and 2 adults
- The policyholder is given a free look period of 15 days to decide and review the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy document of the ProHealth Insurance Plan.
- After a specific duration, the insured individual is eligible to get benefits that they have accumulated during the tenure of the policy. The benefits that can be availed are in the form of expert opinion on critical illness, cumulative bonus, health rewards, etc.
- The waiting period termed for the plan is between 24 months to 48 months for treating the mentioned critical illness, pre-existing diseases and for utilizing the maternity benefits.
Key Inclusions under ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan
The following inclusions are mentioned under ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan:
- Hospitalisation Expenses: The insurance company will provide the policyholder with various hospitalisation expenses including pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, in-patient hospitalisation etc.
- Road Ambulance Expenses: The road ambulance expenses that can be availed by the policyholder for moving from home to hospital is up to Rs 3000 per hospitalisation.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation: Compensation of expenses by the insurance company when the treatment for disease is undertaken at home due to critical condition of the patient or inavailability of hospital bed.
- Organ Donor Expenses: Under this the in-patient hospitalisation expenses is compensated by the insurance company towards transplant of the organ.
- Other Expenses: Other expenses covered under the plan include new born baby expenses, day care procedure expenses, health check-up, maternity expenses etc.
Key Exclusions under ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan
The following exclusions are mentioned under ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan:
- Medical expenses incurred due to dentures, dental treatment, surgery, dental implant, etc.
- Expenses incurred due to experimental tools, pharmacological regimens, and investigative tools.
- Expenses of hospitalisation incurred due to intoxicating substances such as alcohol, intoxicating drugs and other related substances.
- Hospitalisation expenses incurred due to mental disorders, insanity, weight control treatments, cosmetic surgery and congenital diseases.
- Expenses arising because of treatment of AIDS Or HIV and other associated diseases.
- Expenses incurred due to stem cell surgery or implantation and genetic disorder.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.