4 Popular Health Insurance Plans by Kotak General Insurance
Updated On Oct 27, 2020
Incorporated in the year 2014, Kotak General Insurance is one of the health insurance companies people prefer for buying health insurance policies in India. The company has its headquarter in Mumbai and around 13 branches all across the country.
Renowned for offering comprehensive health insurance policies at affordable premium rates, Kotak General Insurance has a vast product range to offer, such as Kotak Health Care, Kotak Secure Shield, Kotak Health Premier, and Kotak Health Super Top Up. Apart from offering dependable policies, Kotak grants its policyholders with a series of benefits.
When you choose Kotak health insurance, you are provided access to more than 4000 network hospitals, freedom from pre-acceptance medical tests, a wide range of sum insured options, discount for multi-year tenure policies, tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, and more.
Kotak Health Insurance - Policies Offered
1. Kotak Health Care -
Kotak Health Care is a renowned health insurance plan. It enables you to handle a medical emergency and expenses incurred. It is an ideal choice for individuals as well as families.
Kotak Health Care comes with two popular plan variants, Excel and Premium.
- Excel: The Excel plan comes with the base Sum Insured of 2 Lakh, 3 Lakh 4 Lakh
- Premium: The Premium plan comes with the base sum insured of 5 Lakh, 10 Lakh, 15 Lakh, 20 Lakh and 25 Lakh
You can choose either of these two variants depending on your requirements. Further, Kotak Health Care comes with 91 days as minimum entry age and 65 years as maximum entry age.
Benefits associated with Kotak Health Care include:
- In-patient treatment
- Pre-hospitalisation up to 30 days
- Post hospitalisation up to 60 days
- Free pre-policy health check-up
- Day care procedures
- Emergency ambulance
Apart from the basic cover, the policy also comes with multiple other optional covers, such as Critical Illness Cover, Convalescence Benefit, Hospital Daily Cash, Double Sum Insured, Donor Expenses, and Cap on Room Rent to offer.
To learn more about the plan in detail, visit Kotak Health Care!
2. Kotak Secure Shield -
Kotak Secure Shield is a choice if you are looking out for critical illness insurance. This policy is available with a flexible policy period of 1, 2, and 3 years. The policy covers you for critical illnesses/procedures/medical events.
Offering a sum insured range from Rs. 5 Lakh up to Rs. 10 Lakh, the policy is available on both, the individual and the family floater sum insured basis. To buy the policy, you need to be minimum 18 years old and maximum up to 65 years.
Benefits covered under the Kotak Secure Shield policy:
- Comprehensive Critical Illness Cover: 18 types of critical illnesses, including cancer, organ transplant, kidney failure, bone marrow transplant, and more are covered.
- Personal accident benefit: Financial help for the family in case of death or permanent total disability of the insured person, caused by an accident.
- Child education benefit: In case of death or permanent total disability of the insured, the child education benefit (up to the sum insured) is offered to the dependent family.
- Loss of job benefit: Financial help is given to the dependent family in the form of a loan in case the insured person loses his/her job.
To gather details about the plan, check Kotak Secure Shield!
3. Kotak Health Premier -
Kotak Health Premier helps you ensure financial stability by offering coverage for medical procedures/treatment and expenses related to maternity. It is a good policy to cover you, your spouse, natural or adopted dependent children, dependent parents, parent in-laws, and siblings.
This plan is available on individual and floater sum insured basis. The sum insured range starts from Rs. 3 Lakh and goes up to Rs. 25 Lakh. While the minimum entry age to buy Kotak Health Premier is 91 days, the maximum entry age is 65 years. You can renew the policy lifelong without any restriction on your age.
Benefits of Kotak Health Premier:
- Coverage for room rent, ICU, operation theatre, doctor’s fees.
- 30 days pre and 60 days of post-hospitalisation expenses coverage.
- Daycare treatment and ambulance service expenses cover.
- Alternative Treatment expenses related to Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy
- Maternity coverage for 2 deliveries across all policy years.
- The policy also covers medical expenses incurred on the Insured’s newborn baby.
- Vaccination expenses coverage incurred on the newborn baby (from the birth till the baby completes 2 years).
- Cumulative bonus in every claim-free year.
Apart from all these, Kotak Health Premier also comes with add-ons benefits such as critical illness cover, personal accident cover, and cap on room rent. You can buy these optional benefits on an additional premium.
To learn more about the plan, explore Kotak Health Premier!
4. Kotak Health Super Top Up -
Kotak Health Super Top Up is one of the ways to enhance health insurance cover of your existing health insurance policy. If you want to have a larger coverage (larger than your current policy coverage) at a much lower premium, Kotak Health Super Top Up is the right option to choose. This particular product can prevent you from investing in a completely new policy to gain additional coverage benefits.
Available on an individual and family floater basis, Kotak Health Super Top Up comes with a wide sum insured and deductible range. You can buy this Super Top Up policy even if you don’t have any health insurance. Further, this policy can cover your entire family under one plan. The minimum entry age under the policy is 91 days, the maximum entry age is 65 years.
Benefits under Kotak Health Super Top Up:
- In-patient hospitalisation (room rent, ICU, operation theatre, doctor’s fees) expenses
- Expenses related to 30 pre hospitalisation
- 60 days post hospitalisation expenses
- Cover for daycare treatment & ambulance cover
- Coverage is also available for organ donor
- AYUSH treatment like Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy are covered
For detailed information about the plan, go to Kotak Health Super Top Up.
Kotak Health Insurance is a reliable source to invest in.
Right from the policy purchase to claim settlement, the insurer takes care of the diverse needs of the customer.
If you are interested in learning more about Kotak Health Insurance plans, feel free to initiate contact with our experts at 1800-1205-698.