What is your bike's brand?
How to Buy Insurance for Honda Unicorn via InsuranceDekho
Honda CB Unicorn Bike Insurance Summary
Honda CB Unicorn has an engine capacity of 149.2 cc, it produces a power of 12.91 PS and a torque of 12.8 NM. The bike is extremely fuel efficient and provides a mileage of 60 kmpl. The fuel capacity of the bike is 13 liters. Length of the Honda CB Unicorn is 2030 mm, width is 760 mm and height 1070 mm. Honda CB Unicorn has Analogue speedometer, Console, tripmeter, tachometer and odometer. It also has a Pass Switch, Passenger Footrest and a Step-up seat. The maximum that the bike can reach is 101.95 kmph.The Honda CB Unicorn is available in three colours: black, red and grey.
Honda CB Unicorn Bike Insurance
To ride your Honda CB Unicorn in India it is an absolute mandate for every owner of a two-wheeler to have at least a third party insurance policy, according to the Indian Motor tariff . This type of insurance provides compensation for the third party liabilities and third party property damage. Without a third party insurance cover, the rider of the two-wheeler can be punished with a fine of Rs. 2,000 or/and imprisonment up to 3 months. Third party insurance cover does not compensate for own-damages of the bike, for which the policyholder needs to purchase a standalone own-damage cover or a comprehensive cover.
Types of Insurance Cover for Honda Unicorn
Below mentioned are the different types of insurance covers:
1. Third Party Insurance Insurance Policy: Third party bike insurance is a risk cover, in which the insurance company compensates for the legal liabilities claimed by a third party in an accident where the insured bike is at fault. It provides third party property coverage of up to Rs. 1 lakh.
2. Standalone Own-Damage Insurance Policy: Standalone Own-Damage Insurance Policy is a part of motor insurance in which the insurance company provides coverage for the damages incurred by policyholders two wheeler in case of a mishap and does not cover any damages caused to a third party.
3. Comprehensive Insurance Policy: By opting for a comprehensive insurance cover the policyholder will be covered against both own-damages of the bike and third party legal liabilities. It is a 360 degree protection for your two wheeler.
How to Buy Insurance for your Honda CB Unicorn from InsuranceDekho?
Followings are the steps that are to be followed to purchase Insurance for your Honda CB Unicorn from InsuranceDekho:
Step 1: Visit InsuranceDekho.
Step 2: Select ‘Bike’. In the ‘Get Your Quote’ section, enter your bike registration number or other details, such as make, model and year of registration.
Step 3: Enter your details like name and mobile number. The best policies will be visible to you on your screen.
Step 4: Select a policy which suits your budget and other requirements.
Step 5: Make payment for the selected policy. The policy related document will be sent to you on your registered email ID.
Add-ons For Your Honda Unicorn 160 Bike Insurance
Check Insurance Quotes of Similar Bikes
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Ather 450X Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
Explore Bike Insurance
Honda Unicorn Bike Insurance User Reviews14 Reviews
- Easy policy comparisonComparing policies is a must for me because I think it is the only way to get the best deal. Grateful to Insurance Dekho...LibertyBy Arindam KoleyOn:13th January, 2021
- Compare premiums easilyInsuranceDekho provides an easy comparison option to their customers. It helps them to analyse premiums from various ins...DigitBy Param NagOn:17th November, 2020
- Transparent proceduresTransparency is vital when it comes to insurance policies. I am glad that InsuranceDekho is ensuring transparency to the...Hdfc ErgoBy Puneet KumarOn:30th October, 2020
- Great insurance experienceI had a great experience while purchasing the Kotak bike insurance policy from InsuranceDekho. I didn’t have to face any...KotakBy Abhishek MaheshwariOn:27th October, 2020
- Excellent guidance receivedI have a Honda Unicorn and before getting my Universal Sompo bike insurance policy, I needed proper guidance. InsuranceD...Universal SompoBy Shouvik JanaOn:15th October, 2020
- Extraordinary claim supportI purchased a Bharti AXA bike insurance cover from InsuranceDekho platform to insure my Honda Unicorn BS6 bike. The supp...Bharti AxaBy Kanishk GuptaOn:7th October, 2020
- Range of network garagesI purchased a New India bike insurance cover to secure my Honda Unicorn bike on the recommendation of the InsuranceDekho...New IndiaBy Deepak NagarOn:28th September, 2020
- Exceptional claim supportI purchased a Liberty bike insurance policy from InsuranceDekho platform to insure my Honda Unicorn BS6 bike. The custom...LibertyBy Vaibhav NagarOn:7th September, 2020
- Exceptional claim supportI purchased a Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy from InsuranceDekho platform to insure my Honda Unicorn BS6 bike. The ...Bajaj AllianzBy Karan NagarOn:31st August, 2020
- Excellent claim supportI purchased a HDFC ERGO two-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy from InsuranceDekho platform to insure my Honda Unico...Hdfc ErgoBy Navneet SinghOn:24th August, 2020
Bike Insurance News
- Tips For Choosing The Best Motorcycle Gear
This article mentions the tips for choosing the best motorcy...11 April 2021
- Third Party Bike Insurance Benefits Explained
This article mentions the benefits of having a third party b...11 April 2021
- What Is Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance Cover?
This article explains a zero depreciation bike insurance cov...10 April 2021
- Best Honda Activa To Buy Under INR 50,000 In India...
This article mentions in detail the top Honda Activa scooter...10 April 2021
- Want To Buy A Second Hand Honda Activa? Here Is A ...
This article mentions the checklist that an individual shoul...09 April 2021
- Registration Certificate (RC): Check Vehicle Regis...
It is important to know how you can access vehicle registrat...13 February 2021
- PUC Certificate: Check Your Vehicle Pollution Cert...
Have you ever wondered your pollution certificate status onl...16 March 2021
- How to Find A Bike’s Registration Number And Chass...
Check this post if you want to learn how to find a bike's re...20 February 2021
- Traffic Fines in 2021: New Rules, Applicable Penal...
In this article, we have listed the applicable fines and pen...04 March 2021
- Steps To Check Bike Insurance Policy Status Online...
It has never been easier to check your insurance policy stat...16 February 2021
Honda Unicorn Bike Insurance FAQs
Is it an ideal option if I opt only for a 1 year extension at the time of renewing my Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan?
The choice for duration of the renewal depends upon the policyholder and their planning regarding their Honda Unicorn bike. In case, a policyholder is planning to change their bike in sometime, it is advisable to go for just 1 year extension. In other aspects, generally a longer extension period provides lower premium rates.
Is the claim process for my Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan time restricted?
Yes, the claim process for your Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan is time restricted. As soon as you meet with an accident, the insurance provider expects you to inform them as soon as possible. However, in certain situations, the insurance company can extend the deadline. The timelines for claim intimation vary from insurance company to insurance company. While, considering it from the viewpoint of a policyholder, then they should inform the insurance company soon and should get familiar with the claim settlement that would follow.
What happens when I get my Honda Unicorn bike insurance policy renewed on time?
Highlighted below are the lists of advantages that you could enjoy by getting your Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan renewed on time:
- Your Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan stays active.
- In case no claims are raised by you in the previous policy duration, then you are eligible for NCB or No Claim Bonus
- Your Honda Unicorn bike remains protected and insured
- You are not required to go for bike inspection again and again
- Charges that are related with break-in policy are not levied
What do you mean by Zero Depreciation in two-wheeler insurance?
A zero depreciation is a type of add on that you can buy alongside your comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy. Generally, when a two-wheeler insurance claim is raised by you, the applicable depreciation amount(reduction in the asset value due to wear and tear) first gets deducted by the insurance provider from the claim amount, and afterwards the claim gets settled. However, if you have opted for zero depreciation add on alongside your basic Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan, then the depreciation amount will not be considered and you would get a comparatively higher claim amount. Also, make a note that the premium for your Honda Unicorn bike insurance would get increased if this add on is included in your insurance policy.
What is covered under my Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan?
The coverage extended to you for your Honda Unicorn bike insurance policy depends entirely upon the type of two-wheeler insurance policy bought by you. You can either go for a basic third party insurance plan or you can opt a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy for your Honda Unicorn bike. Given below are the coverages that are generally provided by these two bike insurance plans:
- Third party legal liabilities
- Damage or loss to any third party property
- Damage or loss to any third party individual
- Personal Accident Cover
Third Party Insurance Plan
The following coverages are offered under Third party insurance plan to your two-wheeler:
- Third party coverage
- Damage to own Two-wheeler
Before purchasing the policy, you should read the entire terms and conditions mentioned in the policy document thoroughly in order to understand the coverage extended by your two-wheeler insurance plan completely.
Comprehensive two wheeler insurance plan
The following coverages are offered under Comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan to your two-wheeler:
How is the premium calculated for my Honda Unicorn two-wheeler insurance plan?
The insurance premium for your Honda Unicorn bike insurance plan depends mainly upon the type of insurance plan bought by you. Based upon the following, the premium amount is decided by the insurance companies:
- Personal Accident Cover
- Number of add-ons opted
- Factor-in depreciation depending upon the manufacturing year.
- Checking for risk profile and No claim bonus from claim history
- Depending upon the engine capacity (CC) build a base price for third party cover
- Analyzing risk associated with the pin code shared
- Matching premium according to the Insured Declared Value(IDV)
What all documents are needed to register a claim for Honda Unicorn bike insurance?
In order to register a claim for your Honda Unicorn bike insurance, the exact documents required depends upon the type of policy chosen by you and the kind of damages faced by the vehicle in an accident or any other mishap. However, generally the following documents are needed to register a claim for your Honda Unicorn bike insurance:
- RC Book
- Active Honda Unicorn insurance policy document
- A valid driving license
- An FIR Copy
- Any other relevant document
- Picture/Proofs of the accident
Does my second hand Honda Unicorn bike require two-wheeler insurance?
Yes, as per the Indian Motor Tariff Act it is necessary to get your bike insured either new or second hand bike at least with a third party liability insurance. Moreover, getting your second hand bike insured will keep your vehicle protected against any damages caused to it due to accident, theft or any natural calamity.
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - email@example.com ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.