Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana
Implemented on December 13, 2015, Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana (BSBY) covers residents of Rajasthan for cashless services to IPD patients. The scheme was launched by Vasundhara Raje and provides treatment benefits of up to Rs. 30,000 for general illnesses and Rs. 3 Lakh for critical illnesses. The beneficiaries can avail of treatment at government as well as private network hospitals.
- Tax BenefitUp to 1,50,000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana
What is Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana? Developed by the State Government of Rajasthan and launched by Vasundhara Raje on December 13, 2015, Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana is a scheme specifically for the residents of Rajasthan. Families that are covered under Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and National Food Security Act (NFSA) can register themselves for the scheme. Under the scheme, IPD patients can avail cashless treatment.
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana is a cashless health insurance scheme, the beneficiaries of which are provided treatment benefits of up to Rs. 30,000 for illnesses and Rs. 3 Lakh for critical illnesses. The families covered on a floater basis under the policy are required to pay a fixed premium every year to avail of the coverage benefits.
The insurer chosen for the scheme is the New India Assurance Company. The insurance company offers the most attractive insurance plans with comprehensive features at affordable premiums. There is a two-step bidding process and an open competitive public sector insurance company via which the insurer is chosen for the scheme.
Year of Launch
Health Insurance Scheme
Mode of Scheme
Individuals living in rural areas
Members of the National Food Security Act (NFSA) & Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
None; Family members can also gain coverage
All hospitalization expenses
General Illness, Critical Illness
Rs. 30,000 for general illnesses; Rs. 3 Lakh for critical illnesses
Pre-hospitalization expenses covered
For up to 7 days
Post hospitalization expenses covered
For up to 15 days
Transport allowance for polytrauma and cardiac cases
Rs. 100 to Rs.500
Listed below are some features of Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana:
- The policy aims to reduce the financial risk of surplus expenditure on healthcare.
- The policy supports the vision of minimum government and maximum governance.
- A large database is created with the scheme that can be used in the future during policy level changes.
- The state government has also launched a mobile application for the assistance of people. With the help of the application, people will be able to track the application from their mobile phones.
- There is neither an upper age limit nor a lower age limit to be covered under this policy. A person of any age can enjoy the benefits of the policy.
- Only the applicants with a Bhamashah card will be able to avail policy benefits. The card is issued by the Rajasthan government.
- All the applicants must have an Aadhaar card. The Aadhar code must be registered at the time of registration.
- All the applicants are also required to submit copies of their ration cards.
- It is mandatory for all the applicants to submit their BPL cards as well. This means that only people falling in the BPL category and living in rural areas will be eligible for coverage under the policy.
Inclusions Under Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana covers you for the following expenses:
- The scheme allows cashless hospitalisation that covers all expenses incurred by the insured
- The insured can enjoy coverage benefits for general illnesses for up to Rs. 30,000 and for critical illnesses for up to Rs. 3 Lakh
- Treatments can be availed at government and private network hospitals
- The scheme provides cover for pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 7 days before getting admitted to the hospital
- The scheme provides cover for post-hospitalisation expenses for up to 15 days after getting discharged from the hospital
- Transport allowance from Rs. 100 to Rs. 500 for polytrauma and cardiac cases
- The scheme will cover pre-existing illnesses as well
- Apart from secondary and tertiary treatment, the beneficiaries can avail cashless treatment for OPD cases as well.
The insured will receive other treatment benefits as well. They will get 1045 packages to choose from under general illnesses, 500 packages under critical illnesses, and 170 packages for government hospitals. The insured can avail these benefits at government hospitals as well as private network hospitals.
The package includes expenses related to bed, consultant’s fee, medicines, implants, blood, nursing and boarding charges, consumables, transportation allowance, food for the beneficiary when hospitalised, etc.
How to Apply Under Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana?
As the scheme aims to provide insurance coverage to the poor and needy, therefore, the application process will not be held online. Only manual enrollment is required to be able to enjoy the policy benefits.
- The interested applicants should get to any of the network hospitals
- Every network hospital will have an appointed individual to help the candidates
- The candidates must bring the documents required. The appointed individual will fill-up the form.
Bhamashah card is a new initiative taken by the government of Rajasthan to make women the head of the family. Once the eldest woman in the family gets a Bhamashah card, the government will open a bank account in her name. The idea behind the same is paving the way for women empowerment, and also to offer grants offered by the state government, by transferring them directly into the account. The Bhamashah card will ensure that all financial grants reach the beneficiary at the earliest. The card will be linked to the mobile number of the beneficiary so that he/she can receive all the details about the transactions via SMS.
How to Download Bhamashah Card?
If you wish to download the Bhamashah Card online, you will need to register yourself at the Rajasthan SSO Portal. You can even download the Bhamashah Card with the help of the SSO center.
Below mentioned are the steps you would need to follow to download the card:
- Login on your account at the SSO Portal.
- Click the ‘Citizen App’ link.
- On clicking the ‘Citizen App’ link, you will find various choices like Bhamashah, Aadhaar and more. Choose ‘Bhamashah’ and click on it.
- On clicking on the ‘Bhamashah’ option, you will find the ‘E-Bhamashah Card’ option. Click on it.
- After providing all the required information, you will be easily able to download the Bhamashah Card.
How to Update Bhamashah Card Bank Account?
You can update your Bhamashah Card bank account through eMitra.
The steps include:
- Login on to your eMitra account.
- Choose Bank Detail option.
- Enter Bhamashah Receipt Number.
- On entering the Bhamashah Receipt Number, the existing bank account details will be displayed.
- Make the necessary bank account changes as per your needs.
What Is the Eligibility for Bhamashah Card?
Some of the key eligibility criteria for Bhamashah Card include:
- The individual must be a citizen of Rajasthan.
- The individual must have a bank account opened under Bhamashah Yojana.
- The Bhamashah card is only valid in Rajasthan.
- BPL card holders are eligible for the Bhamashah scheme and card.
What Is the Activation Process for Bhamashah Card?
Below are the steps to be followed:
- Register yourself under the Bhamashah scheme.
- Once you are successfully registered, choose ‘Bhamashah Citizen Enrollment’.
- Enter your registration number.
- In the ‘Bhamashah Citizen Enrollment Form’, fill all the desired information correctly and click on the Submit button.
- You will receive a receipt number. Keep the number handy for future purpose to gain benefits under the scheme.
How to Edit Bhamashah Card Online?
To edit the Bhamashah Card online, follow these steps:
- Visit the website of Bhamashah Yojana.
- Login on to the website using your SSO ID.
- Choose the ‘Editing’ option out of all the options.
- Enter your Bhamashah number.
- Make the desired changes and save them.
Claim Procedure For Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana is a cashless treatment scheme wherein all the medical expenses incurred by the beneficiaries are borne by the insurance company and the bills are settled directly at the network hospital within the approved package limit. The insured will be required to provide the policy card and other personal identification proof at the time of hospitalisation at a network hospital. At the time of hospitalisation, the beneficiary will be required to provide authorisation from the insurer about his/her admission.
The cashless treatment will begin after the health insurance company has received the authorisation. After the treatment is done, the network hospital will send the medical bills, medical reports, physical certificate, discharge summary, etc. to the insurance company. The insurance company will verify the documents and then transfer the claim amount to the network hospital.
Documents Required For Claim Under Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana
Following are the documents required for a claim under Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana:
- Indoor slip
- Doctor’s prescription
- Valid photo ID of the patient
- Patient’s photograph at the time of admission
- Copy of ration card or RSBY card for RSBy beneficiaries
- Discharge ticket
- Copy of investigation reports
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Insurance Dekho Contact Details
Insurance Dekho755 1196 989Mon to Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
I recently switched to InsuarnceDekho, and the transition process was incredibly smooth. Their team guided me ...Read More
Whenever I have had questions or needed assistance with my Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy, the custome...Read More
One of the best features of the National Health Insurance Policy is its efficient claims processing system. I ...Read More
The Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plan emphasizes preventive care, and its coverage for preventive services is ex...Read More
My purchase of Star Health Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho was amazing. I bought the plan from their offi...Read More
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about bhamashah swasthya-bima-yojana Health Insurance
5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India You Can Buy in 2020Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona Virus (COVID-19) LockdownWant to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
Best Health Insurance Companies in Claim SettlementUnderstand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
4 Health Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Disease Coverage in IndiaLooking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in IndiaPurchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
Best Cashless Health Insurance Policies in IndiaBuying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
Choose Best Health Insurance with OPD Cover TodayWant to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
5 Health Insurance Plans With Low Waiting Period for Pre-existing ConditionsCoverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
OPD Expense Coverage: 5 Health Insurance Policies That Cover OPD ExpensesOPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans in IndiaHealth insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Latest Health Insurance Articles
Things You Should Know About World Thyroid Day 202...
Know all details related to World Thyroid Day 202319 May 2023
Importance of Getting Health Insurance That Cover...
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
Protect Yourself from Omicron
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
Benefits of Senior Citizens Red Carpet Policy offe...
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021
Benefits of Arogya Premier Policy Offered by SBI G...
SBI General Insurance Company offers several health insuranc...27 November 2021
FAQ About Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana
When was the Bhamashah Yojana launched?
The Bhamashah Yojana was launched in 2015. Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje had launched the scheme.
Is Bhamashah Yojana available for all the citizens of India?
No! The Bhamashah Yojana is only open to the residents of Rajasthan.
What is the purpose of Bhamashah Yojana?
The key purpose of the Bhamashah Yojana is to empower women by transferring financial as well as non-financial benefits of government schemes directly to them.
What are the documents required for Bhamashah Yojana?
The documents required for the scheme are Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, PAN Card, Electricity/Telephone/Water Bill, passport size photograph of the applicant, and bank account details.
Can I apply for the Bhamashah Yojana card online?
Yes! The Bhamashah Yojana card can be applied for both online and offline.