Why Should You Buy Happy Family Floater Policy by Oriental Insurance?
Published On Dec 11, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater Policy is a health insurance plan that is specifically designed to offer coverage to all the members of the family under a single sum insured, provided that they are residing in India. There are mainly two plans available under this policy namely Silver and Gold. This plan allows the policyholder to make a claim for expenses arising out of any accident/ injury/ ailment that requires hospitalisation.
Features of Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy
The key highlights of the Mediclaim policy by Oriental Insurance includes:
- Entire family including parents and parents-in-laws get financial protection under one sum insured.
- There is no need to go for pre policy health check up for people up to the age of 60 years.
- Policy is available under two options depending upon the benefits----- Gold and Silver Plan.
- Life hardship survival and personal accident cover benefits can be availed of at the cost of an additional premium amount.
- In case the policyholder does not opt for TPA services, then they are eligible for an extra 5% discount on the premium.
- Apart from traditional coverage including pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation,in-patient expenses, etc, it also offers coverage for organ donor benefit and medical second opinion.
- Coverage under the diamond plan includes new born baby cover and maternity expenses.
Insurance Coverage of Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy
The coverage offered under the Happy Family Floater Policy is as follows:
1. Organ Donor Expenses: During the transplantation of an organ, the insured can claim for nursing home expenses, medicinal costs, hospitalisation expenses, pathological tests charges, and other related costs.
2. Pre-hospitalisation Expenses: Medical care expenses associated with hospitalisation can be claimed by the policyholder from health insurance company 30 days before getting admitted to a hospital.
3. Post-hospitalisation Expenses: Medical care expenses associated with hospitalization can be claimed by an individual from the insurance provider, 60 days after getting admitted to a hospital.
4. Day Care Procedures: A daycare procedure treatment does not require 24 hours hospitalization. This plan offers approximately 24-day care procedures.
5. No Claim Benefits: The policyholder is entitled to receive a no-claim benefit of 5% and a maximum of up to 20% on the premium, provided the policy should get renewed without any break.
6. Maternity Cover: Under the diamond plan, a policyholder is also entitled to get maternity and newborn baby cover.
7. Pre-existing Disease: Pre-existing illness is covered under this plan after a waiting period of 4 years.
What is Not Covered Under Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy?
The key exclusion of Happy family floater policy by Oriental insurance are as follows:
- The policyholder does not get any restore benefits.
- Expenses arising out of treatment for obesity and other related conditions.
- Death or injury associated with venereal diseases or death.
- Expenses arising out from cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery.
- Medical cost on vitamins and tonics.
- Implantation or surgery of stem cells and any other genetic disorders.
- Expenses arising out of non-allopathic treatment.
- No additional coverage for critical illness is offered.
- Expenses arising out from any dental treatment.
- No compensation or expenses paid for eye cover.
You May Also Like To Read:
Difference Between Top Up and Super Top Up Health Insurance Plans
Disadvantages of Not Having A Health Insurance Plan
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.