Why A Policy Covering Ayurvedic Treatment is Worthwhile?
Published On Jan 13, 2021 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
Some individuals in India favor Ayurvedic treatment that is based on plant-based medicine. Since Ayurvedic treatments are based on natural remedies, many people are drawn to them. A few private insurers under the group health insurance plans also cover Ayurvedic homeopathy therapies that were inaccessible for individual customers. Now, this type of coverage is evolving.
Health insurance plans were only used to cover allopathy care until some time ago, while Ayurveda and other natural therapies were left out of the field. Individuals who favored those treatments had to pay out of their own pockets, in spite of having a comprehensive health insurance in place. As several insurance providers have begun to provide alternative types of therapy under their cover, in particular Ayurveda, these policyholders can now breathe easily.
The benefit of Ayurvedic Treatment Under Health Insurance
In the new Indian health insurance industry, health insurance covering Ayurvedic treatment is highly popular. This facility has rightly been included in the latest policies to address the demands of a broader community. Some of the benefits of taking a policy covering Ayurvedic treatment are as follows
1. Today, the population is becoming increasingly inclined towards traditional therapies that have fewer side effects. Thus, getting access to a policy giving Ayurvedic treatment is a major benefit.
2. For individuals who need Ayurvedic treatment for recurring diseases, wherein the treatment for allopathy fails to produce efficacy, it is helpful. In such situations, it is beneficial to take a health insurance policy that covers Ayurvedic treatment as a policyholder.
3. As an alternative option, health insurance policies providing Ayurvedic treatment have been offered. People can now apply for this insurance policy plan to benefit from treatment.
4. It is helpful, particularly for children and the elderly, who opt for Ayurvedic treatment since it has much lower side effects. Hence, children and senior citizens can avail of an insurance policy that covers Ayurvedic treatment.
5. There are certain illnesses or injuries that necessitate Ayurvedic treatment, and such treatments are undertaken by the insured. Such costs will be borne by Mediclaim insurance policies with Ayurvedic treatment coverage.
6. If the hospital is a part of the network mentioned by the insurance provider, then the Ayurvedic treatment can be availed in the cashless form. You need to talk to your Health insurance provider about the same and get a list of hospitals where you can get this service.
Health Insurance with Ayurvedic Treatment? Here Are Your Options
Separate Health Insurance for Parents? Is it Worth it?
Health insurance continues to develop and incorporate key changes, much as every other sector. People are currently pursuing therapies such as Ayurveda, homeopathy, and Unani, and the health insurance industry has adapted to it; it has made provisions for Ayurvedic treatment coverage. The health insurance providers aim to help patients achieve the advantage of using a cover for those services by offering access to such conventional treatments. Due to their natural properties, many special groups of the urban community prefer Ayurvedic treatment. Ayurveda's restorative and medicinal effects are favored by many. Thus, health insurance covering Ayurvedic treatments is beneficial for many.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.