Tips To Reduce Health Insurance Premiums
Published On Dec 07, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
Rising health care costs and the increasing health risks due to our sedentary lifestyle have made health insurance a must-have for every individual in India. The insurance acts like a protective layer helping us to receive the medical care we need with less stress and for staying financially stable in the event of any medical emergencies. However, purchasing insurance for all your family members can cost quite a bit, so all of us want to save when we can. In this article, we will give you the tips you need to save on your health insurance premium.
What Steps Can You Take To Reduce Health Insurance Premiums?
The following are a few tips you can follow for lower insurance premiums:
- Lower Coverage: If you are on a tight budget and are young you can choose a policy that has low coverage thus having low premiums. Though it may not offer the most, it is better to have some form of health insurance than none at all. Additionally, you can always upgrade your coverage at the time of Health insurance renewal over time. Check out the premium calculator.
- Purchase Insurance Early: The earlier in life that you buy health insurance the lower the premium. The risk for people who are young and healthy is much lower and hence, so are the insurance premiums.
- Deductibles: If an insurance policy has a deductible clause, it will only compensate for medical costs after a certain limit. If you are younger, the chances of major medical expenses are lower hence, the premium will also be significantly lower. Additionally, if your company provides insurance you can use that for the smaller expenses for medical care and leave the larger medical expenses to your health insurance.
- Co-Payment: When the cost of medical care is shared by the insurance company and the policyholder it is called co-payment. The higher the co-pay percent the lower your premiums. It is a voluntary clause that can help you save on the insurance premium.
- Purchase Insurance Online: The unique feature that online insurance purchasing offers is the option to compare the different health insurance companies and the plans they offer. Once you’ve made the survey yourself it will be easy to make sure you find the best deal on the market.
- Long Term Policies: Health insurance plans are available for a year but also for up to 2-3 years at a time. These come with a number of benefits and are a money savior in the long run. Additionally, it also saves you the hassle of having to renew your health insurance on an annual basis.
Should You Add Your Entire Family to the Floater Plan?
All About Health Insurance in India for NRIs
In an overview, having health insurance has become a necessity for all of us in India with rising health care costs. However, since the costs of health insurance can be a burden there are ways to reduce the premiums by following the above-mentioned tips. If you are looking for a basic policy make sure to check the Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy. Additionally, check the network of cashless mediclaim hospitals and the claim settlement process before purchasing health insurance. To read similar articles on health insurance click here.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.