Things You May Not Know About Critical Illness Health Insurance In India
Updated On Jun 26, 2020
How critical illness health insurance plans work?
Features of critical illness health insurance plans in India
- Critical illness coverage: Critical illness health insurance plans offer comprehensive coverage for all the major critical illnesses
- Payment in lump sum: Amount is paid in a lump sum for covered illnesses which the policyholders can use to avoid financial shortcomings.
- Easy claim settlement process: The claims are processed on the basis of the diagnosis report(s).
- Waiting period: Health insurance companies usually offer coverage for critical illnesses after the waiting period.
- Tax benefits: Premium paid for a critical illness health insurance plan is subject to tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
What all is covered under critical illness health insurance plans?
- Heart attack
- Major organ transplant
- Permanent paralysis of limbs
- Open chest CABG
- Kidney failure
- End stage liver disease
- End stage lung disease
- Major burns
- Motor neurone disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bacterial meningitis
Popular critical illness health insurance plans in India
|Name of Insurers||Name of Plans||Name of Critical Illness Covered||Minimum and Maximum Entry Age||Sum Insured Range in INR|
|Star Health||Criticare Plus||9||18 Years - 65 Years||2 lakh - 10 lakh|
|HDFC ERGO Health||Optima Vital||37||18 Years-65 Years||1 lakh - 50 lakh|
|HDFC ERGO General Insurance||Critical Illness Plan||15||5 Years-65 Years||5 lakh - 10 lakh|
|Max Bupa||Criticare||20||18 Years-65 Years||3 lakh - 2 Crore|
|Religare||Assure||20||18 Years-65 Years||5 lakh - 1 Crore|
The table states some popular plans which people prefer due to a good number of critical illnesses covered under them. But before shortlisting one for yourself, consider a few factors like survival period, inclusion and exclusion, claim settlement ratio etc. as these help you select the best product online as per your requirements.
As life is full of uncertainty, you must seek a critical illness health insurance plan timely, especially if you belong to a family of critical illness medical history
To buy critical illness insurance for yourself or your loved ones, all you need to do is contact our customer care executives at InsuranceDekho on the toll-free number 1800-1205-698. We will help you buy the most relevant critical illness plan at an affordable premium that too within a few minutes only!