Star Cardiac Care Insurance Plan Explained
Published On Apr 09, 2021 5:30 AM By KANIKA WADHWA
Table of Contents
Star Cardiac Care Plan by Star Health Insurance is a plan that is designed specifically to provide coverage for various cardiac diseases. Also, this plan is an optimum choice for people who have first time gone through the mentioned intervention/surgery/correction for the present cardiac ailments.
It is a disease-specific and unique insurance plan offering custom-made solutions to any person, who is aged between 10 years to 65 years. The paln is available in to variants, namely, silver and gold. Under the section 1, the cardiac care plan offers hospitalisation expenses coverage for accidents and non-cardiac illnesses. Whereas under the section 2(Cardiac section), the gold plan offers coverage for both health care management and interventional/ surgical management for cardiac associated illnesses, on the other hand, the silver plan offers coverage for just interventional/ surgical management.
Salient Features of Star Cardiac Care Health Insurance Policy
The salient features of Cardiac Care Plan by Star Health Insurance are as follows:
- The sum insured option provided under the plan is in the range of Rs lakh to Rs. 4 lakh.
- The policy proposer can buy this plan for a duration of 1 year, 2 years or 3 years. Also, it offers a lifelong renewability to the policyholder.
- Here in order to purchase this policy, there is no need for the policy buyer to go through pre-policy medical screening.
- Coverage offered for hospitalisation expenses that are incurred because of accidental injury or illness. Also, offers coverage for hospitalisation expenses arising due to cardiac issues. While, under the gold plan, the policyholder can also avail cardiac medical management.
- Coverage offered for expenses incurred due to day care procedures.
- Coverage offered for both pre and post hospitalisation expenses up to 30 and 60 days respectively.
- A free look period of 15 days is offered to the policyholder in order to review the terms and conditions mentioned in the health insurance plan.
- Cataract sublimit up to Rs 20,000 per hospitalisation and Rs. 30, 000 for the whole plan tenure.
- A waiting period of 48 months for providing compensation for treatment of pre-existing illness. And a waiting period of 90 days in order to avail treatment for cardiac diseases.
- Expenses incurred for the treatment of mentione health conditions, treatments or surgeries are not covered till the completion of continuous coverage for 24 months.
- Coverage offered for outpatient expenses in a networked hospital. The limit Rs 500 for each event which is subjected to a maximum facility of Rs 1500 per duration of the health plan.
- Death because of personal accident is covered only equal to the selected sum insured.
Key Exclusions of Star Cardiac Care Health Insurance Policy
The key exclusions under the Cardiac Care Plan by Star Health Insurance is as follows:
- Coverage is not offered for any claim incurred due to suicide, or attempt to suicide, self-inflicted injuries, mental disorder, sexually transmitted diseases, depression, anxiety, stress, etc.
- Coverage not offered for expenses incurred because of self injury, behavioural and mental disorder, psychiatric disorder, cosmetic surgery or aesthetic treatment, and others.
- Treatment needed because of usage of intoxicating substances such as drug, alcohol, smoking, tobacco chewing and other associated substances.
- Any claim incurred due to admission charges, hospital registration charges, telephone charges and other related expenses.
- Any claim on hospitalisation expenses incurred because of untested, unconventional and experimental therapies, war injuries, terrorist attack, telephone charges, etc.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.