Special Features of Super Top Up Health Insurance
Published On Jan 05, 2021 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
A severe health condition can consequently lead to zero savings due to expenses arising out from the costly healthcare treatment. This is when health insurance comes into play, it offers financial safety to the policyholder against high health care costs.
However, with ever-rising healthcare expenses, it is more likely to happen that the current health insurance plan may become insufficient to provide the proper coverage. In case such a scenario arises, where the hospital bills would cross the sum insured limit of your health insurance plan, you can upgrade your current health insurance plan. However, this option could result in higher premium costs, so the next affordable option is purchasing a super top-up health insurance cover.
Meaning of Super Top Up Health Insurance Plan
An aggregate of all hospitalisation expenses that go beyond the deductible limit( applicable to total claims in a year) is covered by a super top-up plan. Therefore, when the deductible is paid, the super top-up plan gets activated for subsequent claims.
Special Features of a Super Top Up Plan
A policyholder along with a super top-up health insurance policy can avail of various benefits like daycare treatment, in-patient care, hospitalisation expenses, etc. However, some of the special features and benefits of the opting super top-up plan are mentioned below:
1. Enhanced Health Cover: An individual can take a super top-up plan both as a family floater health insurance plan and as an individual plan. It simply means that the whole family of an individual including parents can get covered under the same health plan.
2. Affordability: A higher premium amount may have to be paid in order to buy a health insurance plan with a higher sum insured. However, an affordable option is buying a super top-up plan as the policyholder can avail high deductible amount at a lower premium cost.
3. Financial Safety Net: A super top-up plan acts as a financial cushion to your current health insurance plan with the additional sum insured. Hence, if there are chances for you to incur higher medical expenses, then this policy is ideal for you.
4. Enhanced Coverage for Parents and Senior Citizens: Since medical expenses for senior citizens are high, therefore premium for health insurance too is very high. However, by purchasing a super top-up health insurance policy, you can get enhanced coverage for your parents at a considerably much lower price.
5. Additional Tax Benefit: A super top-up plan also offers tax-saving benefits just as any other health insurance plan. The benefits that can be availed lies in the range of up to Rs 25,000 to Rs 75,000.
Although a top-up plan is meant to lapse post the settlement of one claim, yet a super top-up plan remains active until the whole insurance cover gets exhausted. Hence, a super top-up plan always has an edge over the normal top-up plan as it can cover more than one claim. A super top-up plan can prove to be beneficial for an individual if their current health insurance plan proves to be insufficient.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.