New India Assurance - Benefits of Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
Updated On Jan 15, 2024
Amit works in a private firm in Mumbai.
He lives with his family. There are five members in his family: his spouse, a child, and elderly dependent parents.
A monthly salary of 60k is sufficient for Amit to handle a family of 5.
Just a few months back, Amit’s father had a stroke. He became partially paralyzed.
Amit took him to a nearby hospital where the doctor advised for hospitalization for a couple of weeks.
This naturally is a setback for Amit as treatment at the hospitals is very expensive these days. And the bills came to around 3 lakh.
Since Amit’s father had no mediclaim plan, Amit had to pay the bills using his credit card. He thought that he would convert the amount into EMIs.
The point is what if Amit would not have a credit card? How does he pay the EMIs? What if other members of his family fall ill?
After all, 70 thousand is not a big amount to survive in a city like Mumbai.
This is where the New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy comes to play a significant role. With a comprehensive mediclaim plan, you would never have to worry about finances or compromise on the treatment quality.
Table of Contents
New India Senior Citizens Mediclaim Policy
Check the senior citizen mediclaim policy New India Assurance below:
Mediclaim for Senior Citizen
A senior citizen mediclaim policy for the parents of Amit is a wise idea. In general, the entry age for a senior citizen health plan is 61 years. Several insurance companies set the entry age limit to 69 years.
So, the sooner you buy a policy, the better as the premium will be lower, benefits higher, and chances of rejection less.
After a waiting period of two years, pre-existing ailments are also covered.
In Amit’s father's health condition, the New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy can help.
Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy of New India Assurance
Senior Citizen Mediclaim policy provided by New India Assurance is suitable for people between 60 to 80 age group. Maximum cover under this plan includes up to Rs. 1.5 lakh.
With no break, this policy provides coverage for both the insured and spouse up to the age of 90.
Pre-acceptance Health Check-Up
Pre-acceptance health check-ups are also available under this plan but at the customer’s expense. The health check-up is essential to determine any pre-existing diseases.
However, this medical check-up is overridden if the policyholder already has a plan with New India Health Assurance.
The New India Assurance Health Insurance Policy Coverage
Key benefits of the senior citizen mediclaim policy of New India Assurance are the following:
Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses for critical illness and accidents
- Cashless treatment at network hospitals
- Cash reimbursement in case of non-network hospitals
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses within 30 days before hospitalisation
- Post-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days after discharge and the entire in-patient hospitalisation expenses
- The fees of the surgeon, medical practitioner, anesthetist, and consultant consume 25% of the assured sum
- Pre-existing conditions like hypertension, blood pressure, and diabetes are covered on an extra payment after a specific waiting period
- Costs of treatment for pre-existing diseases and an additional 10 percent premium for every pre-existing ailment.
- Complete reimbursement of health check-up costs in case of 4 continuous free claim years.
- Emergency ambulance expenses of up to 1000
- 10% discount on your spouse’s premium.
- 5% increase in sum assured which can go up to 30% in every claim-free year
- The 48-month waiting period for coverage-related diseases like osteoarthritis, knee replacement, joint replacement, and osteoporosis.
Like in other policies, there are some exclusions in the mediclaim policy of New India Assurance as well. These exclusions are:
Diseases contracted within 30 days of insurance.
Pregnancy and childbirth.
Dental treatment except for the treatment due to an accident.
Vaccination and Inoculation.
Debility and General Run Down Conditions.
Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV (AIDS).
War, Acts of foreign enemies, radioactive contaminations, and nuclear weapons.
The mediclaim policy provided by New India Assurance Mediclaim can be customized as per the needs of your parents.
Some of the useful features like ‘No Claim Bonus’ (NCB), ‘complementary health check-ups,’ and facilities to add conditions like hypertension and diabetes to the base policy make this policy unique.
So, if your parents are senior citizens, and you have not bought a mediclaim plan for them, you’re making a great mistake. Buy them a comprehensive plan today, so that they can live a healthy life and you don’t have to encounter any monetary problems as Amit faced.