Know about Bajaj Allianz Health Infinity Plan
Published On Apr 10, 2021 5:30 AM By KANIKA WADHWA
Table of Contents
Health Infinity Plan by Bajaj Allianz is a distinctive health insurance plan that provides comprehensive benefits at an affordable premium rate to both an individual and his family members. If any unfortunate event occurs that requires hospitalisation because of an injury or illness, the plan offers compensation to the policyholders for the expenses incurred by them. The minimum entry age to get insured under the plan is 18 years while the maximum is 65 years. Also, the insurance plan offers coverage to dependent children who are between 3 months to 25 years in age. This plan can be availed only by Indian nationals and can be bought for a tenure of 1 year, 2 years and 3 years.
The thing that makes this plan unique is that it comes without any limit on sum insured. Under this plan, the policyholder gets several benefits including coverage for road ambulance charges, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, day care procedures, pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation etc. Also, for individuals aged up to 45 years are not required to undergo any pre-policy healthcare check-up. Moreover, premium payable against the plan is on an annual, half yearly, quarterly, or monthly basis depending upon the convenience of the policyholder.
What is Covered under Bajaj Allianz Health Infinity Plan?
There is an extensive list of things covered under Health Infinity plan by Bajaj Allianz:
- Policyholders are allowed various coverages under the Health Infinity plan including nursing, room rent, ICU, anesthetic, surgeon, specialist fees, consultants, OT expenses, surgical tools etc. Moreover, it also offers coverage for procedures such as dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, physiotherapy, and other associated drugs, medicines and consumables.
- The day care procedures that are listed under the Health Infinity Plan policy document is given coverage under the plan.
- Healthcare expenses covered under the policy is up to 60 days prior to the hospitalisation depending upon the sum guaranteed.
- Healthcare expenses covered under the policy is up to 90 days after the hospitalisation depending upon the sum guaranteed.
- A maximum of Rs. 5000 per treatment would be reimbursed by Bajaj Allianz health infinity Plan.
- Once the policyholder is covered under the Health Infinity Plan by Bajaj Allianz, then they are eligible to avail free healthcare check-ups every 3 years. A sum of up to Rs 5000 per individual will be compensated for an insured member in an individual plan during the 3 years block.
What is not covered under Bajaj Allianz Health Infinity Plan?
Some of the illnesses and conditions are excluded from coverage under the Bajaj Allianz Health Infinity Plan:
- Coverage for expenses arising out of any dental treatment comprising dental implants, cosmetic surgery, dentures, etc.
- Coverage for expenses associated with hospitalisation only for evaluation and investigation purpose.
- Treatment expenses for cysts, internal and external tumors, parkinson’s disease, cataract, sinuses, Alzheimer's disease, gastrointestinal ulcers, etc.
- Treatment expenses arising due to intoxicating substances such as drugs, alcohol, etc.
- Coverage for hospitalisation expenses for the purpose of respite care, rehabilitation and rest cure.
- Treatment expenses arising due to injuries sustained by participation in hazardous activities or adventure sports.
- A waiting period of 36 months for any pre-existing disease or illness from the first health policy.
Note: Please go through the Health Infinity plan policy document in order to get knowledge about detailed lists of exclusion.
Policy Cancellation Process
In case the insured individual is not satisfied and wishes to cancel their Health infinity Plan by Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance, then they are required to send a 15 day notice to the insurance company for cancellation of their insurance plan. Upon acceptance of the policy cancellation request by the company, the premium paid for unexpired policy duration will get reimbursed to the policy buyer.
However, it holds true in case the policyholder has not made any claims under the plan during the plan duration. Also, the insurance company can cancel the plan if it is found that the policyholder is indulged in misrepresentation or fraud, hiding material information.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.