Is Medisenior by Tata AIG a Good Plan?
Updated On Dec 22, 2020
Our body encounters a series of medical problems in its old age that demands extensive medical aid. Most middle age and old age people commit themselves to several expenses and don’t consider saving for their self-health. But senior citizens deserve a healthy and peaceful life in their old age and the best way to accomplish this is to enroll in a medical insurance plan. These health insurance plans help them to gain the best medical treatment and financial help at a crucial time, both for themselves and their spouse. The Medisenior plan by TATA AIG is promising insurance for seniors and offers them a myriad of benefits.
TATA AIG Medisenior Plan
The Medisenior by Tata AIG preserves the dignity of seniors and helps them to be self-reliant with their medical expenses. Through this plan, people can get hospital cover across India and is open for those who are at least 61 years of age. The plan covers medical expenses of self and spouse and there is no upper age restriction to purchase this plan. Seniors can claim this plan for the sum insured of Rs. 2 Lakh, 3 Lakh, and 5 Lakh with an array of benefits serving out-patient, in-patient, and home care services.
Unique Aspects of the TATA AIG Medisenior Plan
The various features of this health insurance plan are as follows:
1. Pre and post hospitalization expenses: Under the Medisenior plan, people can raise the claim for medical expenses for thirty days before hospitalization and also for 60 days after discharge.
2. Daycare procedures: The plan covers about 140 days of out-patient procedures that do not require hospitalization. Thus, people can seek medical treatment for any type of medical problem they face, no matter how small or big it is.
3. Ambulance services: The policy also pays for ambulance charges, up to Rs.4000 for every single hospitalization.
4. Treatment at Home: At times of emergency, seniors can avail medical help for self and spouse at the comforts of their home and still use their TATA AIG health insurance to pay for the treatment.
5. In-Patient Services: During hospitalization, this plan covers everything from room rent, nursing expenses, medicines, ICU, drugs, and other consumables.
6. Expenses on organ transplantation: The policy also covers organ transplantations as well along with organ harvesting charges.
Why is TATA AIG a Good Plan for Seniors’ Medical Insurance?
People above 61 years, looking for medical insurance should adopt the Medisenior plan for the following reasons
- This is an excellent health insurance plan for seniors over 61 years of age and the plan covers a network of over 3000+ hospitals.
- Policyholders can also gain a 7.5% discount on the policy premium for two pre-paid premiums. There is also a 5% family discount if two people get covered under the same policy.
- This policy is extremely flexible and policyholders can renew the plan life-long and increase their sum assured with hassle-free claim settlement.
The Medisenior plan by TATA AIG helps senior citizens to stay self-reliant and seek medical aid with dignity. It covers a range of treatment options at an affordable cost and also stays convenient to seek claims settlement and to track status.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.