How Practicing Yoga Can Restrain You from Claiming Health Insurance
Published On Jan 18, 2021 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
A ‘health insurance premium’ depends on multiple aspects, as well as the policy buyer's medical history. Relatively, a person with very good health would require to pay a lower premium. Therefore, you can guarantee your wellbeing and keep fit and safe if you practice yoga daily. By being healthy, you would fall in the low-risk tier category of insurance firms.
Ways Yoga Help Restrain You from Claiming Health Insurance
You gain optimal body fitness by practicing yoga and it allows you to reduce the total insurance costs. To learn how yoga will keep you from claiming health insurance, let's read the following.
1. Lower Premium: If you are unhealthy or have a recurrent health problem, then a higher premium would be charged by the ‘insurance provider’ for insuring your life The insurer can even reject insurance in some situations, too. Therefore, you not only keep healthy and give your mind peace with the assistance of yoga, but it also assists you to save some extra rupees on thepremium paid by you
2. Comprehensive Coverage: Yoga practice consistently increases immunity, decreases the risk associated with health, and also enhances the overall development of health. You will save on health care costs by remaining safe. Besides, at a lower premium rate, you can use extensive coverage with minimal exclusion under the policy. Pre- and post-hospitalisation, daycare procedure, in-patient hospitalisation, home hospitalisation, etc. are included in the coverage provided by a health insurance policy. Yoga thus allows you to maintain a balanced lifestyle and to use comprehensive policy coverage as well.
3. Special Savings: If you follow the pre-defined wellness/fitness requirements, several health insurance providers provide discounts on premiums. The main explanation for providing these benefits is that a healthier person is less likely to have any medical condition or seek medical treatment, so their risk of making a claim often reduces to a large extent, saving the cost of health insurance providers as such. This cost-saving advantage of the insurance provider is passed on to the policyholder in the form of wellness and health benefits.
4. No-Claim Bonus (NCB): You could have improved health coverage at the ‘same premium’ by remaining healthy by ‘practicing yoga’. If you remain healthy and do not have any ailments, you would not have to ‘claim under the policy’, so you will benefit from NCB as a reward. Without paying an extra premium, the NCB lets you take advantage of increased health coverage.
5. Reduces Critical Illness: The treatment of critical diseases will cost exorbitantly, and because of the plummeting cost of treatment, it is not affordable for the family to bear the treatment costs. You can minimize the risk of developing any critical ailments by remaining ‘fit and healthy’ by ‘practicing yoga’ daily, thus reducing the ‘cost of insurance’
You can stay away from diseases by keeping ‘fit and healthy’, plus get the insurance cover at a cheaper rate. Hence, practicing yoga not only assists in the general wellbeing of the body but also prevents you from diseases and helps you save on your health insurance cost by restraining you from making claims.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.