Health Insurance Policies for Newborn Babies in India
Published On 24 Feb 2020 By Sakshi Aggarwal
Health Insurance Plans for Newborn: Find their Needs, Benefits, and Top Policies
Bringing a child into the world is a great responsibility taken equally by two people. Parents are responsible for loving, caring, raising and protecting their child from any harm. Not only do they plan to shower all the love to their kids, but also to do every bit to make life less difficult for them.
Speaking about ensuring a child to have everything essential, most of us forget the most basic requirement – the best health insurance plans for a newborn baby. Yes, one of the few major steps in making the path of life easier for babies is 'timely insuring them under the most suitable and comprehensive health insurance plan'.
Types of Health Insurance Policies that Cover Newborn Babies
There are rarely any health insurance plans specifically to cover newborn babies. So, it is advisable to go for a family floater health insurance plans or maternity health insurance plans. These are the two types of plans that can fulfil health care requirements of the infant.
Why buy health insurance plans for a newborn baby?
Health insurance plans for newborn babies have become a necessity as they meet the complexities arising from childbirth. Such policies break the bubble of stress for the parents and allow them to enjoy the most delightful phase of their lives. Health insurance plans for a newborn baby are beneficial in many ways.
Some of them have been listed below-
- Available at reasonable premiums
- Overall medical expenses are reduced
- Security of newborn child’s health is secured
- You can avoid complexities arising from childbirth without any worries
- No worry of finance and security during the arrival of a new member
What to check before purchasing health insurance plans for a newborn baby in India?
While your child cannot be covered from Day 1, what you can look for is health insurance plans, which cover his/her vaccinations and other post-natal care. Under most health insurance plans, the baby is eligible for cover after 90 days of birth.
Factors to Consider Before Finalising Halth Insurance Plans for Your Newborn
- Premium: Some health insurance plans cover healthcare expenses for a newborn baby as a part of family health cover. Whereas some include it in add-on benefit for which the policyholder has to pay a little extra premium to buy.
- Coverage: Coverage features of a plan differ from insurer to insurer. Some health insurance plans may offer vaccination cover for the child, whereas some may include congenital disorders.
- Plan upgradation after 90 days: Many health insurance plans allow covering children after they complete 90 days. Make sure you choose a plan that allows you to include your child at the earliest.
Top health insurance plans for newborn babies in India
There are many health insurance companies in India that cover newborn babies and provide them with great benefits too. Some of them are listed below along with the main features.
- Minimum age limit is 3 months, no maximum limit
- Sum insured options starting from Rs. 5 Lakh
- Comes in three variants named-Vital, Smart, Ultimo which cover different features
- Benefits include outpatient expenses, maternity and newborn baby treatment expenses, emergency ambulance cover etc.
- Minimum age limit is 18 years, no maximum age limit
- Sum insured options starting Rs. 1 Lakh
- Benefits include maternity benefit coverage up to 2 pregnancies or terminations, newborn baby cover up till the end of the policy year, add-on benefits etc.
- Minimum age limit is 1 day, the maximum age limit is 65 years
- Sum insured options start from Rs. 3 Lakh
- Available in two variants-Joy Today and Joy Tomorrow with coverage features slightly different from each other
- Benefits include-in-patient hospitalisation expenses, daycare treatment expenses, pre and post hospitalisation expenses cover
With healthcare expenses rising each day, it is best to timely insure your little one under a suitable newborn health insurance policy and stay away from the burden of heavy medical expenses.
If you want to buy a ealth insurance plans for your newborn baby, give us a call at our toll-free number 1800-1205-698.