Health Insurance Plan For Dengue Patients
Updated On Nov 09, 2020
Dengue is an acute infectious disease caused due to the bite of an Aedes mosquito, as it transmits a flavivirus. The symptoms of the disease may include but are not limited to headaches, severe joint pain and rashes. Health insurance is a necessary precautionary measure done to take care of the possible expenses if the person is down with dengue virus. Health insurance is a product or a plan that reimburses expenses incurred by the insured individual. It covers the medical expenses that add up and ensures that the individual is taken care of.
Symptoms of Dengue
Symptoms of dengue vary from person to person according to the severity of the case. The patient usually experiences mild symptoms, but in some cases, the symptoms can be life-threatening. Symptoms include:
- Aching joints and muscles
- Reappearing and disappearing rash on the body
- Severe headache
- Eye pain
- Mouth, gums or nose bleed
- Internal bleeding
- Weak pulse
- Heavy bleeding
- Constant vomiting
Table of Plans Which Cover Dengue
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
M-Care Health Insurance
18 years - 65 years
Future Generali General Insurance
Day 1 - 65 years
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
Dengue Care Plan
18 years - 65 years (Adult)
Day 91 - 25 years (Children)
1. Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance
The plan is designed to take care of all the expenses generated by Vector-borne disease. The plan has the following features:
- The plan has a coverage of maximum Rs. 75,000/-.
- It covers the vector borne diseases such as dengue, chikungunya, zika virus along with a few others..
- The plan has a waiting period of 60 days.
- It is a family floater plan.
2. Future Generali Vector Care
The plan covers the Vector-borne diseases and provides a lump sum on diagnosis of a vector-borne disease. The plan has the following features:
- The insured amount is between Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 75,000/-.
- It is a family-floater plan.
- The plan offers a term of 1 year- 3 years.
- The waiting period comprises 15 days.
3. HDFC Ergo Health Dengue Cover Plan
There is only one plan which is dengue specific and that is provided by the HDFC Ergo Health Insurance. The plan has the following features:
- It has a fixed premium regardless of the age.
- It covers only dengue and its treatment.
- The plan has the lifelong renewal option and has a waiting period of only 15 days.
- The plan has income tax benefits under the section 80D of the income tax act.
- The plan offers an insured amount between Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 1 Lakh.
Know more: All About Dengue Health Insurance Plan
People especially in India should avail insurance to safeguard themselves against medical expenses incurred by getting affected by the Dengue virus. The Dengue Health Insurance Policy is easy to apply to, and the premium to be paid is also minimal, which acts as a bonus. The entire process is easy and straightforward and does not require much effort. It can be done online so as to make the process even more hassle-free and straightforward.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.