HDFC Ergo Optima Restore Health Plan - Features, Benefits
Published On Apr 08, 2021 5:30 AM By KANIKA WADHWA
Table of Contents
Healthcare emergencies comes unexpectedly, leaving an individual financially distressed. However, with health insurance plans, you can get yourself and your entire family covered from unforeseen event financially. One such worth purchasing health insurance plan is Optima Restore Health Insurance Plan by HDFC Ergo. It provides the policyholder with three great benefits i.e restorer, stay active and multiplier. With restore, 100% of the sum insured is added after partially or completely using the plan sum insured, and stay active rewards the policyholder if the policyholder adopts a healthy and active lifestyle. While, with multiplier benefit, within 2 claim free years, a policyholder can avail the benefit of 100% increase in sum insured.
The plan comes in two variants, one is optima restore individual and the other one is optima restore family. With both these variants, the policyholder is offered hospitalisation coverage including air ambulance cover, road ambulance cover, pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, day care procedures, in-patient hospitalisation, etc.
Features of Optima Restore Plan by HDFC Ergo
Key features of the Optima restore plan by HDFC Ergo are highlighted below, which would assist you in becoming financially stable:
- With this health insurance a plan, a variety of sum insured options are offered like Rs. 3 lakh, 5 lakh, Rs. 10 lakh, Rs. 15 lakh, Rs. 20 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh and Rs. 50 lakh.
- There is an option of lifetime renewability with this plan.
- The plan can be availed on both individual basis and family floater basis.
- A pre-policy health check-up is needed for individual above 46 years in age or who opt for Rs 15 lakh or more as sum insured.
- A look up period of 15 days is given to the policyholder in order to review the terms and conditions of the plan.
- Cashless Mediclaim facility can be opted by the policyholder in more than 4500 network hospitals and 10,000 healthcare specialists.
- For some pre-existing illness, the policyholder receives coverage by the insurance company after 24 months of policy issuance. In case, the pre-existing ailments gets accepted during the policy application, then the coverage would be given after 36 months of continuous renewals.
Benefits of Optima Restore Plan by HDFC Ergo
Highlighted below are some of the benefits of Optima Restore Plan by HDFC Ergo:
- Restore Benefit: A policyholder is offered a restore option , which adds 100% of the sum insured automatically if the sum insured has been exhausted or used by the policyholder during the policy tenure.
- Daycare Treatments: Coverage offered to policyholder for expenses incurred because of any daycare procedure instead of hospitalisation for minimum 24 hours. Treatments like cataract, chemotherapy, radiation, dialysis, etc, that are available can be seen from the policy document or on the official website of the company.
- No Claim Benefits: This incredible benefit offered by HDFC Ergo comes as a great delight to a policyholder. This is because, a policyholder becomes entitled to receive a 50% cumulative bonus for each claim free year. This bonus is given to the policyholder for the next year up to a maximum of 100% sum insured.
- Health Care Check-Up: Under this plan a policyholder is offered a complimentary health check-up at the interval of 2 years of the insurance plan up to a limit of Rs 10,000 depending upon the sum insured.
- Tax Benefits: The policyholder can avail tax benefits on the premium paid against health insurance plan under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.