Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy by Star Health
Updated On Sep 08, 2021
STAR Health insurance offers diabetes safe health insurance dedicated especially to the patients who are suffering from diabetes. This health insurance is available for both individual and family (self and spouse). Only under Plan A, pre-medical screening is required.
If the policy gets rejected after the screening, 50% of the charges of medical screening will be paid by the insured. Anyone who is aged between 18-65 years and is already living with Diabetes Mellitus can purchase this health insurance policy
Why Star Health Insurance?
Counting the benefits of going for STAR health insurance, the first one to be mentioned is that it involves no third party administrator. Instead, there is a direct in-house claim settlement. The claim settlement is faster and hassle-free. The facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format is another reason why people prefer to go for STAR Health insurance
Key Features of the Safe Insurance Policy
- Any diabetic between 18-65 years can purchase the policy.
- Sum insured options of Rs. 3 Lakh, 4 Lakh, 5 Lakh, and 10 Lakh.
- Plan A comes with no sub-limits. For Plan B, comes with sub-limits.
- Over 7,800 network hospitals overall in India.
- Facility for maintaining personal health record in electronic format.
Policy Coverage Features
- Hospitalization expenses covered for Diabetes, both 1 and 2 type complications and other related complications
- The policy is available for both Individual and Family.
- Plan A and Plan B are available.
- Medical examination prior to purchasing a policy is necessary for everyone choosing Plan A and Plan B-There is no medical screening before accepting it.
- The Waiting Period is not there in Plan A. However, there is a waiting period of 12 months in Plan B.
- Out-patient expenses are covered.
- Compensation is provided for Accidental Death for the insured.
- Expenses incurred for surgery of kidney transplants.
- Dialysis expenses at Rs. 1,000/- per sitting for a maximum of 24 months.
- Automatic restoration of the full amount of sum insured.
- Coverage of all care procedures.
- Immunosuppressive drug expenses are not covered.
- Diabetic Retinopathy and Diabetic Nephropathy leading to Chronic Renal failure and Diabetic foot ulcer is not covered.
Benefits of Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
The policy covers hospitalization expenses due to complications of diabetes. Charges for room rent, nursing, and boarding, surgeons fees, anesthetists, drugs, medicines, etc. are also covered.
Hospitalization expenses for other than complications of diabetes are covered.
Out-Patient Expenses including medical consultation, expenses for diagnostic tests up to specified limits are included.
Compensation for Accidental Death of the chosen insured person at 100% of the health sum insured opted.
- Co-payment of 20% of each and every claim amount is provided. It is for both, fresh and renewal policies for insured persons. For this, the age of the insured individual at the time of entry must be more than 60 years.
- Insured Person is eligible for tax rebate under Section 80-D of the Income Tax Act 1961 in respect of the amount paid by any mode other than cash.
- A free look period is provided to the insured individual during which he/she can review the terms and conditions of the policy. If the policyholder is somewhere dissatisfied with the terms and conditions, he/she may ask for the cancellation of the policy.
The company may allow a refund of premium paid after adjusting a few costs if no claim has been made until such cancellation.
But to remember, the free look period is not applied at the time of renewal of the policy.
- The policy offers guaranteed Lifetime Renewals beyond 65 years are offered under this policy.
- Grace Period for renewal is 30 days from the date of the expiry of the policy.
This was one of the most beneficial health insurance plans for diabetic patients as proposed by STAR. It covers the insured offering him/her added benefits. The readers must note that renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
To seek information on premium or other details related to the plan, visit the official website of STAR Health or connect with India’s leading health insurance broker, InsuranceDekho
You can reach out to us by writing to us at email@example.com or calling us on our toll-free number 7551-196-989. Our health insurance executives will get back to you with the best possible solution for the query and help you purchase the best health insurance plan for you and your family according to your requirements.
Stay healthy, stay insured!