Best Cardiac Care Health Insurance Plans in India
Updated On Oct 21, 2020
Know Everything About Cardiac Care Health Insurance Plans in India
Leading a sedentary lifestyle and being surrounded by unhealthy eating habits has dragged our health conditions towards a wide variety of diseases. One such significant impact of the unhealthy lifestyle has directly affected the human heart.
Cardiac ailments have proven to be a futile condition, taking a toll on the health of middle-aged and youngsters as well. As per the World Health Organisation, India witnesses the highest rate of cardiac arrests around the world. Surveys also suggest that one individual succumbs to a cardiac arrest every 33 seconds in India, including a majority of youngsters on the chart.
The alarming increase of cardiac ailments around India has also given way to the rising costs of medical expenses. Considering the challenging scenario that has come to play, many health insurance companies have come up with several insurance plans that provide complete financial protection to their customers.
Considering the multiple types of heart disease that affect different parts of the heart and attack in different forms, it is only a smart move to stay prepared with the best insurance plan.
Benefits Of Opting For Cardiac Care Health Insurance Plans
Having a smart cardiac care health insurance plan not only saves you from medical emergencies but also protects you financially.
Listed below are some advantages of securing yourself with a cardiac care insurance plan:
- Ensures complete focus on recovery besides covering you financially.
- Covers the insurer on all types of heart ailment.
- Pocket-friendly premiums.
- Provides coverage with pre-existing diseases.
- Ensures fixed lump sum payout that is not affected by the expenses incurred during medical procedures or diagnostic tests.
- Benefits of tax exemption under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, among others.
Top 4 Cardiac Care Health Insurance Plans In India
Now that you have an idea of the benefits that a cardiac care insurance plan can provide you with, let’s take a look at some of the leading providers of the same:
|Company Name||Plan Name||Entry Age|
|Star Health Insurance||Cardiac Care||10-65 years|
|Care Health Insurance||Heart Mediclaim||5-50 years.|
|Future Generali General Insurance||Heart & Health Insurance||18-65 years.|
|ICICI Prudential||Heart/Cancer Protect||18-65 years.|
1. Star Cardiac Care
Covered by Star Health Insurance, Cardiac Care Insurance policy is available in two formats, namely Silver and Gold. It covers a wide variety of charges, ranging from rent, nursing to the cost of medicines. Some of its features include:
- Pre and post hospitalisation charges
- 405 Day Care treatments.
- Co-payment options.
2. Care Health- Heart Mediclaim
Offered by Religare Health Insurance, Heart Mediclaim is an affordable option for insurers of every type. It covers a wide variety of expenses, ranging from in-patient hospitalisation to SI among others. Features offered by the policy are:
- 30 days pre-hospitalisation and 60 days post-hospitalisation expenses covered.
- Offers International second opinion, per policy year under covered condition.
- Tenure of 1-3 years.
3. Future Generali Heart & Health Insurance
Future Generali provides Heart and Health Insurance and has a 15 day free look period. This period is extended to 30 days if sold through direct marketing mode. The features of the policy:
- Plan covers you on diagnosis of minor, moderate and major stages.
- The death benefit will be available from the very first day.
- The plan ensures a lump sum on diagnosis.
4. ICICI Pru Heart/ Cancer Protect
A joint insurance policy that covers you over heart ailments and cancer as well, ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect offers protection against two of the deadliest diseases in the world. It also offers an increasing cover benefit by 10% each year. Its features are:
- Increased cover by up to 200%.
- Custom choice of hospitals.
- Discount of 5% on the first-year premium.
- Renewal age up to 75 years.
Health insurance is a must-have for all the heart patients out there. It is one of the best precautionary measures that you can take for yourself and your family.
You May Also Like To Read:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.