Best Cancer Insurance Plans In India in 2021
Published On Apr 11, 2021 5:30 AM By KANIKA WADHWA
Table of Contents
The cost of cancer treatment is exorbitant. Cancer care plans play an important part in dealing with the rapidly rising rates of cancer therapy, which left most people in a lot of pain. Cancer insurance is therefore important since it aids cancer survivors in managing the expense of care without jeopardising their peace of mind when suffering is unavoidable.
Best Cancer Insurance Plans In India
Here are the top 3 best cancer insurance plans in India:
ICICI Pru Cancer Protect
ICICI Pru Cancer Protect covers you from the moment you're diagnosed with cancer. Aside from hospitalisation, treatment, and living expenses, it covers free cancer screening, chemotherapy costs, PET-CT scans, targeted therapy, and prescriptions.
Benefits of ICICI Pru Cancer Protect
- When you buy health insurance for yourself and your partner, you get a 5% discount on the first year's premium.
- Payment for the care of each of the minor/major diseases on the list.
- Existing members get a 5% loyalty discount on their first year premium.
- In the event of a minor/major claim, or whether a lifelong condition is diagnosed as a result of an Accident,
- On diagnosis of each of the minor conditions covered, up to 25% of the amount insured is payable.
- On diagnosis of major diseases, 1% of the amount promised is guaranteed as extra income for 5 years.
- Any year of no-claims insurance, you'll get a 10% boost in coverage.
Aegon Life iCancer Insurance Plan
The Aegon Life iCancer Insurance Package is a comprehensive cancer insurance scheme that pays for all medical costs along with the diagnosis. The iCancer plan is a non-linked, non-participating plan that is specifically intended to provide financial security at any level of cancer by Stage-based Benefit Payments.
Benefits of Aegon Life iCancer Insurance Plan
- At either point of cancer, a lump sum payment is made.
- When a claim for a big stage is accepted, you won't have to pay any more premiums.
- If the impairment progresses to a more serious level, the cumulative payout will be increased.
- When you're diagnosed with cancer in the early stages, you'll get 25% of the money back.
- When you are diagnosed with a big stage cancer and have never filed a claim, you will get 100% of the amount assured.
- When you are diagnosed with critical stage cancer and have never filed a claim, you will get 150 percent of the amount assured.
HDFC Life Cancer Care
For both early and advanced stages of cancer, the offered package offers financial stability. The HDFC Life Cancer Care coverage pays out whether a patient is diagnosed with cancer in its early or advanced stages.
Benefits of HDFC Life Cancer Care
- Financial insurance for you and your families against cancer in its early or advanced stages.
- On the diagnosis of major and early stages of cancer, a lump sum payment is made.
- Future payments for the next three insurance years are waived if a successful cancer diagnosis application is received.
- Under the Platinum alternative, you can get an income bonus for the next five years.
- The amount protected is raised by 10% a year under the Gold and Platinum options. This process is repeated until the raised amount insured has reached 200 percent of the original sum insured.
- Both coverage and payouts are separate from any other health care policy.
- Section 80D of the Income-Tax Act, 1961, provides tax incentives on premiums charged up to Rs.55,000
Cancer survivors looking for the right health care options think of cancer insurance as the much-needed financial assistance. It is important to invest in the best cancer insurance package in India so that you and your families are not mentally, morally, or financially exhausted. Remember that even the finest health care package won't cover all cancer-related expenses, and even though it would, there will be a bunch of new conditions for coverage at different stages.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.