Apollo Munich Is Now HDFC ERGO Health: Will It Affect Existing Customers?
Updated On Oct 28, 2020
When it comes to health insurance, there are many reliable insurer names that come to people’s minds. Out of all, HDFC ERGO and Apollo Munich are two trustworthy health insurance companies that have always set a benchmark for other insurers in the sector with their superior product range.
It is when customers come to buy policy online that they find that these two insurers, i.e., HDFC ERGO and Apollo Munich have a lot to give other than just promises.
Recently, the health insurance industry saw a major transformation. This prime change was none other than HDFC acquiring Apollo Munich Health Insurance.
HDFC completely acquired 51.25% shares in Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited, thereby making all policyholders of Apollo Munich Health Insurance policies a part of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
So, if you possess an Apollo Munich health insurance policy, there’s nothing to worry about. You are now a part of HDFC ERGO Health and so are your health insurance policies!
What about the changes that will take place to your policy post this acquisition of Apollo Munich Health Insurance by HDFC? Rest assured, THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES IN POLICY TERMS & CONDITIONS!
HDFC ERGO, being the reputable insurer, has assured policyholders of Apollo Munich Health Insurance that they will not let the policyholders face inconvenience, be it in terms of policy coverage, claim or any other aspect.
Instead, the insurer will help the existing health insurance policyholders of Apollo Munich make the most of their new experience by providing a supreme customer experience, unmatched support of innovative processes as well as new age technology.
Therefore, if you are worried about your policy, its coverage, claim, and countless other features, leave all in the hands of HDFC ERGO.
If you still have doubts, here is a clear view of what will happen to your policy post the acquisition.
- Your existing policy terms and conditions won’t undergo any change. You will be able to continue enjoying policy benefits as mentioned in the policy document.
- You will be able to avail all continuity benefits as per your existing policy terms & conditions, since the product, policy terms and conditions will not change.
- Apollo Munich policies that are active will remain valid until expiry and won’t be subjected to any amendments. When the renewal time comes, a fresh contract with the new company name, i.e., HDFC ERGO Health will be issued.
- Your existing Apollo Munich Health Card will remain valid till the time your policy expires.
- Those who have made an Apollo Munich health insurance policy payment and waiting for issuance, your submitted documents will remain valid.
- Existing Apollo Munich Health Insurance policyholders will enjoy access to HDFC ERGO Health Insurance network hospitals.
- There will be no change in existing claim process as well as renewal process followed by Apollo Munich.
- When paying the premium before merger, you will have to visit www.hdfcergohealth.com or www.apollomunichinsurance.com. Post the merger, the site of the merged entity will cater to all requirements.
- The name of policy products will not undergo any change. Also, all benefits of the policy as detailed in the Policy document will remain the same.
- Existing Apollo Munich policyholders won’t have to undergo any additional medical tests for the policy.
- No additional charges will be incurred owing to the acquisition.
- Branches of both the entities will not be closed. However, relocation or merger of the branch will be informed.
- Post the acquisition, any branch of the merged entity will be able to cater to your specific requests.
Now that you are aware of the basic information regarding the acquisition and its impact on your policy and its features, avoid being concerned for any reason.
As far as an increase in the premium amount from the upcoming year is concerned, it would be best for you to keep yourself aware of the HDFC and Apollo Munich Health Insurance merger news.
According to the Managing Director and CEO of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Limited, a merger of HDFC ERGO Health and HDFC EFGO General Insurance Company Limited is also on the cards, so it is advisable to you to be aware of the same as well.
If you are interested in investing in any specific HDFC ERGO health insurance policy or willing to have a look on your existing health insurance policies by Apollo Munich, feel free to explore our website or call our experts at 1800-1205-698.