All About Royal Sundaram Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan
Updated On Dec 15, 2020
The fear of surgery or operations in people is mostly associated with the risk and cost involved in the surgical procedures. In order to make the probability of surgery or operations more successful, many families seek a reputed hospital to get the procedure done. One such plan known as the Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan by Royal Sundaram is specifically designed to offer the best comprehensive coverage to the policyholder and the insured members against surgical expenses.
Royal Sundaram Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan Coverage
Surgical shield Health insurance Plan allows the policyholder to cover:
- Dependent Children (Above 90 years of age)
A person can cover himself and the family members from all kinds of surgical worries by purchasing this plan. Also, a policyholder is enabled to avail of various value-added services such as cashless treatment facility at any of the network hospitals, availability of helpline for 24 hours, and many more facilities. It is a comprehensive package that ensures that the policyholder and insured members avail of the best medical care for their surgical treatments.
Features of Royal Sundaram Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan
The key features of the plan are as follows:
- The insurance is eligible for individuals whose age is between 91 days and 65 years. While it can be purchased by a person with a minimum age of 18 years.
- Lifelong renewability option is available along with various other benefits associated with surgeries and operations. Provided that the renewal should be paid on/prior to the expiry date of the plan or within the 30 days grace period.
What is Included Under Royal Sundaram Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan?
The coverage offered under Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan includes:
- The policy offers a fixed benefit. This means that the fixed surgical amount mentioned in the policy document shall be paid by the insurance company during the event of the surgery of an insured member.
- There are four categories for the covered surgeries. The fixed amount shall be paid as per the category of the covered surgery regardless of the actual incurred amount.
- For every 24 hours completed of hospitalization, a fixed monetary benefit of Rs 250 is paid in order to cover the incidental cost. This cost is subject to a maximum of 10 days for every covered surgery.
- Ambulance charges up to Rs 1000 is paid per surgical claim.
- A threshold of Rs 10000 /- for every surgical claim is allowed for the expenses of specific diagnostic procedures that are mentioned in the plan. It is for the duration of up to 30 days before the start date of covered surgery.
What is Excluded from Royal Sundaram Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan?
The major exclusions from Surgical Shield Health Insurance Plan are as follows:
- Treatment cost related to childbirth/pregnancy/abortion/infertility
- Expenses for treatment outside India
- Treatment expenses for plastic or cosmetic surgery
- Expenses arising out of any unproven/experimental treatment
- Attempt to suicide or any self-injury
- Intentional engagement by an insured person in dangerous activities/ occupation/ sports.
- Treatment expenses arising due to invasion, war, foreign enemy, etc.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.