Why choose InsuranceDekho:
- Instant policy issuance
- Dedicated support team
- Quotes from multiple insurers
How to Buy Health Insurance Online?
It's 3 step simple process, Hassle Free
Provide health details
Fill your health details and get the best insurance policies
Compare and finalize the policy
Customize top-ups as per your convenience
Get policy issued instantly after payment.
What is Health Insurance?It is an agreement under which insurance firms consensually concur to undertake the guarantee of compensation subject to medical costs incurred, while a policyholder is hospitalized due to falling ill or getting injured due to an accident. To ensure this offering, insurance firms holds the tie-ups with many hospitals and clinics to provide cashless treatment to the insured individuals. In the absence of any tie-up, the insurer reimburses the medical expenses. The government also encourages it by rendering the tax deductions.
- In case of hospitalization of the policyholder, the insurer settles the bill directly with the hospital.
- Every insurance policyholder enjoys tax benefits for the premiums paid towards the plan.
24*7 customer care support
- Most health insurance companies provide 24/7 customer service support to answer all health-related doubts.
- The policyholders are offered with a lifelong renewability option after every policy term.
About Health InsuranceSome points you must know before buying a health insurance
Everything you need to know about health insurance
- In the current age, every individual is constantly running to make money, but forgetting one of the most famous sayings, that is, ‘Health is Wealth’. In the process of fulfilling our desires, we are not paying attention to our health and well-being. Furthermore, the kind of lifestyle that people have started to lead these days along with the pollution level has resulted in additional health problems.Read More...
Types of health insurance policies available in India
- In today's lifestyle, health problems are difficult to avoid. Increasing stress, poor nutrition, and intake of fast foods has deteriorated our health leading to investment in sky-rocketing health care costs. Even a regular checkup nowadays costs a few thousand bucks. In such a case, health insurance acts as an umbrella for financial security. Investment in a good health insurance plan helps us to save our finances and get the best of health care services at time of need.Read More...
Top 10 health insurance policies in India
- Needless to say, change in people’s habits and lifestyles have made us prone to fatigue and illnesses. Even, accidents and natural calamities have added to the illnesses nowadays. Medical insurance acts as a savior from skyrocketing medical costs. In the last few years, health insurance has changed a lot and offers varied features in form of riders, benefits and variants.Read More...
Senior Citizen Health Insurance - All You Need to Know
- Old age makes one prone to illnesses, therefore, at such a stage of one’s life what a person requires is getting a proper health insurance plan to safeguard him from the rising costs of medicines, hospitalization and treatments. Not just getting a comprehensive health insurance plan helps a person to lead a stress-free life in his old age but also saves from a huge financial blow especially after the retirement period which can result in burdening the bread winner of the family due to the financial crisis.Read More...
Latest Health News
Common Terms Related to Health Insurance
Sub-limit is a monetary capping placed by the health insurers for specific medical conditions. With this, the treatment of certain procedures and treatments can’t exceed a particular cost, irrespective of the Sum Insured amount.
The waiting period is a tenure under which some specified conditions and illnesses are not covered. The policyholders can only get the coverage after passing the waiting period.
Under the co-payment feature, the policyholders need to pay a particular share or amount of medical expenses out of their pockets, while the insurer will pay for the remaining part. The copay clause doesn’t impact the amount of the Sum Insured.
The portability clause allows the policyholders to switch from one health insurance plan to another without having any effect or change in their policy as under this feature, benefits gained subject to pre-existing conditions and specific exclusions, both are transferred.