Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme provides affordable medical facilities to informal workers in the lower-middle-class income and middle-income groups, including the farmers in Karnataka. It offers them a wide coverage for more than 800 procedures.. To be able to avail of coverage benefits under the scheme, one must be aged less than 75 years.
- Tax BenefitUp to 1,50,000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme or Yeshasvini Co-operative Farmers Health Care Scheme was launched by the Karnataka State Government on 14 November 2002 by S.M. Krishna, the former Chief Minister of Karnataka. The main aim of the scheme is to offer health insurance coverage to ryots (tenant farmers or peasants), who are members of co-operative societies in Karnataka.
What is Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme?
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme provides cost-effective medical facilities to the farmers in Karnataka, who are members of co-operative societies registered with the Department of co-operatives. The scheme is designed to offer cover to informal workers in the lower-middle-class income and middle-income groups. It offers wide coverage for more than 800 procedures (Orthopaedic, Angioplasty, Neurology, etc) to the insured.
The co-operative societies help the farmers and peasants to get enrolled under this scheme wherein the beneficiaries can avail health insurance coverage by availing treatment at the listed network hospitals. Under the scheme, not only the main beneficiary but his/her family members can also be included.
Listed below are some features and benefits of the Yeshasvini Health insurance Scheme:
- The family of the main member of the rural co-operative society can avail the policy benefits
- The beneficiaries are required to contribute a fixed amount every year.
- The scheme covers 803 surgical procedures at pre-negotiated rates at the network hospitals, wherein the beneficiaries can avail cashless treatment using the Yeshasvini Card.
Eligibility Criteria for Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Given below is the eligibility criteria for Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme:
- One must be aged less than 75 years
- One can become a member of the co-operative society six months prior to the commencement of the scheme. These include self-help groups associated with cooperative society, members of the rural co-operative society, weavers cooperative societies, beedi workers, and fishermen cooperative societies.
- Those who do not belong to rural areas of cities and corporations in the state are eligible for the policy
Note that the scheme period is only from August 1st to July 31st of the following year. Also, the family members can avail benefits of the Yeshasvini card, no matter if they are members of a rural co-operative society or not. The guidelines to enrol and renew the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Policy are issued by the Department of Cooperation, Government of Karnataka.
Inclusions Under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme covers you for 803 surgical procedures. Some of them are listed below:
- Surgical oncology, vascular surgery, and gastroenterology
- Cardiac, orthopaedic, general, and pediatric surgery
- Drowning, dog bite, snake bite, etc.
- Ophthalmology, neurological surgery, and genito-urinary
- Obstetrics, gynaecology, and neonatal intensive care
- Accidents when operating agricultural implements like electrical shocks
Exclusions Under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme does not cover you for the expenses incurred on the following:
- Follow-up treatments, diagnostic investigations, and medico-legal cases
- Dental surgery and deviated nasal septum
- Implants, burns, skin grafting, prosthesis, and cosmetic surgery
- Road traffic accidents
- Kidney and heart transplant, joint replacement surgery
Networks Hospitals Under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
A network hospital is a hospital that has tie-up with the health insurance company and offers cashless treatment to the insured. Under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme, there are 572 network hospitals across various districts of Karnataka. Bangalore has the highest number of hospitals i.e. 61, followed by Belgaum at 49, then Bagalkot at 44, Tumkur at 27, followed by Dakshina Kannada at 26, and Mandya at 25.
Yeshasvini Card Facility
Nearly 30 lakh beneficiaries in Karnataka enjoy the benefits under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme using the Yeshasvini card facility. Those who are members of a cooperative society for at least 3 months can enroll in the scheme. The registration of new members or renewal of existing policies will be done at all co-operative societies from May to June. People can enrol themselves and apply for a Yeshasvini card online.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+ happy customers
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Importance of Getting Health Insurance That Cover...
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
- Protect Yourself from Omicron
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
- Benefits of Senior Citizens Red Carpet Policy offe...
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021
- Benefits of Arogya Premier Policy Offered by SBI G...
SBI General Insurance Company offers several health insuranc...27 November 2021
- Benefits of Health Companion Policy offered by Niv...
Health Companion Policy is a popular indemnity based health ...20 November 2021
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- 5 Health Insurance Plans With Low Waiting Period f...
Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting pe...12 April 2019
- Top 3 Health Insurance Policies Covering Maternity...
Becoming a parent is always special and requires a comprehen...15 March 2019
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Mediclaim Insurance Policy: Tips to File Reimburse...
Want to know how to file health insurance reimbursement clai...21 November 2019