Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, launched by the Government of Gujarat on 4th September 2012 caters to people falling under the lowest income groups in Gujarat i.e. Below Poverty Line (BPL). Under the scheme, the beneficiaries can avail of medical treatment for up to Rs. 5 Lakh per family in a year. Other coverage benefits include travel expenses, repatriation of remains, etc.
- Tax BenefitUp to 1,50,000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is a health insurance scheme that the Government of Gujarat launched on 4th September 2012. Initially, the scheme was launched to cater to people falling under the lowest income groups in Gujarat i.e. Below Poverty Line (BPL). But later, iterations of the scheme extended benefits to lower-middle-class families also. The holistic health insurance scheme covers the insured completely during a medical emergency. Starting from diagnostic tests to post-hospitalisation care. It covers up to 5 family members. In the case of a newborn baby, he/she will be considered as the 6th member. The scheme is truly a boon for those in need.
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is a scheme created truly for the benefit of the people. The main features of the policy are as follows:
- The beneficiary is not required to pay any premium or an amount for enrollment. The scheme is 100% state-funded.
- ASHA workers helping Below Poverty Line families under MA Yojana are provided an incentive of Rs. 100 per family
- Every month Mega and General Health Camps are set up on district levels with the help of both private and government empanelled hospitals
- Dedicated data centers and servers are used to store and manage data
- The processes of claims and other services are carried out without any paperwork
- International Society for Quality Healthcare accredited services are offered
- Have both government and private hospitals to promote healthy competition
Inclusions Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
Major benefits offered under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana are as follows:
- Cover for medical expenses for Rs. 5 lakh per family for every year
- Travel charges for Rs. 300 per hospitalisation
- Repatriation of remains for Rs. 6 per kilometer from the hospital to the residence
- All benefits of the PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- Other expenses that the policy covers include diagnostics, admission charges, surgery, medicines, food of the patient, admission expenses, hospital registration, post-surgery follow up expenses, and travel expenses
Tabulated below are the diseases covered under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
Burns and plastic surgery
Cardiothoracic & vascular surgery
Obstetrics and gynecology
Emergency room packages
Oral and maxillofacial surgery
Organ transplant packages
Genitourinary surgery (renal)
Orthopaedics and polytrauma
Knee and hip replacement
Pediatric medical management
Mental disorder packages
Exclusions Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana covers the insured for a large number of healthcare treatments and there are very few exclusions under it. These are mentioned below:
- Cover for some non-emergency procedures
- Cover for cosmetic treatments such as plastic surgery to enhance aesthetics
Eligibility For Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
Given below is the eligibility criteria for Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
- Lower-income group families named Mukhyamantri Amrutum Vatsalya Yojana in August 2014
- People with an annual income of less than Rs. 4 lakh
- U-win cardholders are also included
- All urban and rural Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs), reporters, and fixed pay employees of class 3 & 4 appointed by the state government
- Senior citizens of families with an annual income group of a maximum of Rs. 6 lakh
Enrollment Process Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
To enroll for a Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, a family member is required to reach the kiosk at the Taluka or civic center in the area. There are also mobile kiosks at the local level. The families that fall below the poverty line and have an extra income less than Rs. 4 lakh are taken as a reference at the time of enrolment.
Biometrics like iris scan and fingerprints and photographs of the members are taken. The person to be insured is also required to fill an application form in Gujarati and submit the required documents. After the details are verified, the MA Amrutum card is provided to the beneficiary.
Documents Required for Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
When visiting the nodal agency, the beneficiary is required to carry the following documents for enrolment under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
- Identification proof
- Address proof
- Proof of income
- Certificate showing that the family falls in the Below Poverty Line category
The authorities responsible for the verification process are as follows:
1. District Level Authorities
- Deputy Mamalatdar
2. Taluka Level Authorities
- Administrative Officers (Taluka Health Office)
- Appointed Officer at A.T.V.T. Centers
- Nagar Palika Chief Officer
- Female health worker/ multipurpose health worker (for mobile kiosk only)
- Taluka Development Officer
- Taluka Female Health Supervisor
- Taluka Health Officer
- Taluka Information, Education and Communication Officer
- Taluka Information, Education and Communication Officer
- Taluka Mamalatdar
3. Municipal Corporation Authority
- All permanent employees of government offices in the area under the corporation.
- Appointed officer of the civic center in the municipal corporation area.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+ happy customers
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Choose a Health Insurance Plan For
Explore Health Insurance
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Importance of Getting Health Insurance That Cover...
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
- Protect Yourself from Omicron
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
- Benefits of Senior Citizens Red Carpet Policy offe...
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021
- Benefits of Arogya Premier Policy Offered by SBI G...
SBI General Insurance Company offers several health insuranc...27 November 2021
- Benefits of Health Companion Policy offered by Niv...
Health Companion Policy is a popular indemnity based health ...20 November 2021
- Best Health Insurance Companies In 2021 Based On C...
The claim settlement ratio is an important aspect of any ins...31 March 2021
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- 5 Health Insurance Plans With Low Waiting Period f...
Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting pe...12 April 2019
- Deadliest Diseases in India
India is challenged by some deadliest diseases. Explore a l...27 April 2020
FAQ About Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
How many family members are covered under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
Under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, a maximum of 5 family members can avail the coverage benefits the benefit amount are transferred by the state government via RTGS.
Is there a waiting period for coverage of pre-existing diseases under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
No. There is no waiting period for coverage of pre-existing diseases under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana. This means that you can avail coverage benefits for all types of pre-existing diseases with MAA Amrutum card benefits from the date of commencement of the policy.
Which actions can be performed at a kiosk of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
If you are a beneficiary of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, then you can visit the kiosk to carry out any of the following activities:
- MA Amrutum Yojana Card Hot-listing (for lost cards)
- New enrolment
- Split card application
- To add or delete numbers
- Migration details
- To endorse errors on MA Vatsalya Yojana Card
Note that you can also avail information about Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana at a mobile kiosk if required.
What is the toll-free/helpline number and address of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
The customer care number of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is 1800-233-1022. You can call on this number in case of any doubt or query. You can also contact the officials by using the following details of postal address: Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, Commissionerate of Health, Block 5, Jivaraj Mehata Bhavan, Gandhinagar-382010, Gujarath.
How to download the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana application form?
The potential buyer of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana does not need a MA Amrutum from PDF to get enrolled. They need to visit the website of Mukhyamantri Amrutum where they can locate the nearest kiosk. At the kiosk, they can find the application form.