Why Protect Your Car with Suitable Motor Insurance Cover
Published On Jan 26, 2021, Updated On Mar 20, 2021
While the third-party car insurance provision is mandated by law, most people seeking motor car insurance normally purchase the cheapest and most limited policies available. As such, when the unavoidable accident occurs, policyholders get a poor deal from the insurance company with the lowest possible payout or negligible reimbursement on the repair costs. This is why getting a comprehensive car insurance plan for your vehicle is critical.
Comprehensive car insurance provides the car with all-round cover from all sorts of threats, such as collisions, burglary, the liability of third parties, natural calamities, etc. Under this insurance, in the event of a partial or complete loss of your vehicle, you will be able to get financial assistance from the car insurance provider to have your car repaired or replaced.
Inclusions in the Policy
- Accidental damages
- Fire damages
- Car thefts
- Damages due to natural calamities
- Third-party loss
- Damages due to man-man damages
- In-transit car damages
- Personal accident injuries/death
Why Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Is Needed?
Some of the key reasons to have comprehensive car insurance are
- Complete Coverage: It offers full coverage for your car by covering all third-party losses and own damages resulting from collisions, robbery, fire, etc. Even when your car is in a stationary position, any damage to your car, say due to bad weather (storm, hurricanes, etc) is covered with this policy.
- Accidental Insurance: This form of insurance also provides the owner-driver of the vehicle with personal accident protection if he/she is injured in an accident. Any form of bodily injury resulting in at the time of a collision will be covered. Personal accident cover can assist you to pay the medical expenses incurred by the third-party hit by your car.
- Property Damage Liability: If you have insurance, you can seek compensation, but the property that is damaged in the accident must also be covered. You can claim a payout with comprehensive car insurance to compensate for the damages to the third-party’s properties
- Cashless Repairs: You can access a vast network of approved garages under this insurance; garages where, for your car, you can get cashless repair services. Your car insurance company would cover the bill directly/immediately if the damaged vehicle is repaired in the insurer's network garage.
- Add-On Covers: It provides its policyholders with an array of add-on covers that are not available under a third-party policy. The covers available are zero depreciation cover, return to invoice, tyre protect cover, conveyance benefit, consumable cover, breakdown assistance cover, engine and gearbox cover, no claim bonus, passenger cover, and key replacement cover.
- Medical Insurance: By paying an additional premium, a comprehensive car insurance policy will cover not only the medical costs of the driver but also other passengers who were present in the car during the accident.
You and your car are prone to several risks while driving. Although you may be confident in your driving ability, it is still best to stay away from any hazards that your car presents to other people/property. Also, car insurance from third parties only offers half the cover, leaving the car vulnerable to other forms of threats. For all vehicle owners, comprehensive car insurance is a benefit that protects them from any monetary damages if their cars are damaged in an accident. For all your road safety problems, it is the ultimate solution and helps you to enjoy taking your vehicle around.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.