What is Roadside Assistance Cover in Car Insurance?
Find out what is roadside assistance cover in car insurance and how it can help you.
Table of Contents
No matter how good your car is, you should remember that it is a machine after all which can suffer a breakdown anytime and anywhere. The occurrence of such problems can leave you stranded in the middle of the road that can cause a lot of inconveniences. Besides, you may not be carrying enough amount that can help repair your car at the moment. Therefore, in such cases, the Roadside Assistance Cover can bring in a lot of relief for you.
What is Roadside Assistance Cover?
The Roadside Assistance (RSA) is an add-on cover that can be included in a car insurance policy. It is designed to provide immediate on-ground assistance in a situation where your car breaks down suddenly. Be it a minor glitch such as tyre puncture, battery jump-start, etc., the 24x7 roadside assistance is always ready to help you. This is a very useful add-on cover that can be added to your comprehensive car insurance policy by paying an additional premium.
Inclusions of Roadside Assistance Cover
The roadside assistance cover provides coverage for various situations. Some of them are as follow:
- Dead Battery – The add-on cover provides aid for battery breakdown whenever your car malfunctions due to a dead or faulty battery. It also pays for the jump start facility and labour costs.
- Duplicate Keys – If you lost your car key, the RSA cover will offer pickup and delivery of your spare keys. In addition to this, it also covers the cost of technicians involved in unlocking your car.
- Tyre Puncture – The roadside assistance cover assists to repair a flat tyre, which also involves the cost of mechanics required to repair or replace the tyre.
- Minor Repairs – Any sort of minor repair needed in the middle of the road due to which the car is unable to be driven smoothly will be repaired and covered under this facility.
- Towing Charges – If your car is severely damaged after an accident or a mishap and is in urgent need of a workshop or garage, in such a case, this add-on cover tends to provide towing facilities.
- Messenger Services - In case of an emergency, if you need to intimate your family or loved one about something important, this add-on cover also offers such a service.
- Medical Assistance – If a medical emergency arises due to an accident, this add-on cover facilitates the required coordination about transportation to the nearest medical facility.
- Fuel Facility – The roadside assistance add-on policy covers the arrangement of fuel of up to 5 litres to a place where you are stuck.
Exclusions of Roadside Assistance Cover
The roadside assistance cover does not provide coverage for various situations, which are as follow:
- If you do not abide by traffic rules and regulations
- If you are driving your car without a valid licence
- If you are driving under the influence of alcohol or any toxic substance.
Important Points About Roadside Assistance Cover
Here are some crucial points about the RSA which you should keep in mind while availing it:
- Fuel assistance can be used twice in a policy period
- It is not considered a claim and can be availed up to 4 times a year
- If your car is less than 5 years old, only then you should opt for this cover.
- If you are a frequent car traveller, then this add-on cover is a must-buy for you.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.