Tips To Reduce Car Pollution Level during Smog Season
Published On Dec 29, 2021
Know some tips to reduce car pollution during the smog season.
Table of Contents
The growing number of automobiles plying and polluting Indian roadways has become a key contributor to the dangerous pollution. Major cities such as Delhi and Mumbai have been placed on high alert as a result of this. In the capital, the situation has reached a crisis point. The deadly pollution has compelled the government to adopt emergency measures such as shutting schools, reinstituting the odd-even rule, and preventing trucks from entering the city.
How To Reduce Car Pollution Level During Smog Season?
Relying on such band-aid solutions isn't going to help. For the time being, it may provide some results. However, it would not reduce the pollution given to the environment on a regular basis by our automobiles. So, while we still have a chance, it's past time to take some extreme actions to eliminate this annoyance. To lessen the pollution produced by your car, follow these guidelines. If we all band together and adopt the following steps, we will be able to manage the rising smog:
- Warm-up your automobile since it takes longer to start in the early mornings in the cold. If the car is a few years old or the fuel type is diesel, the starting time may be longer. Simply start a few minutes early for your location and warm up the car for a few minutes before leaving. This contributes to lower fuel usage.
- Maintain proper tire inflation pressure in proportion to the tire, manufacturer, and model of your vehicle. This easy technique will help your automobile operate smoothly and save you money on gas.
- When possible, turn off the air conditioning system, especially during red lights. When we turn on the car's air conditioning, we are indirectly increasing the strain on the engine, leading it to use more gasoline. If you're traveling on the highway and the weather is mild and pleasant, you can absolutely turn off the air conditioning and roll down the windows to save money on gas and cause less pollution.
- Regular service and tune-ups of your prized vehicle at the start of each season extend the life of your treasured vehicle. It also cuts down on pollution, making your automobile healthier and more environmentally friendly. You should change the oil on a regular basis, inspect the oil and air filters, and fine-tune the engine. As a result, efficiency and fuel savings improve.
- Filling your gasoline tank at a reputable and well-known fueling station will ensure that you obtain unadulterated and high-quality fuel. Good gasoline keeps your car's engine in top shape and keeps pollution levels far below the legal limit.
- Maintaining a fuel-efficient vehicle saves you money. It also contributes to the preservation of the ecosystem. This strategy also aids in the weight reduction of your vehicle. Remove any unnecessary or unnecessary items from your vehicle to make it lighter. If you just drive in the city, you could consider keeping the gasoline tank filled up to 60%. A lighter gasoline tank will reduce the car's weight and consume less fuel when climbing a flyover or doing pickups.
In the current environment, air quality in large cities has deteriorated to the point that people smoke 50 to 60 cigarettes each day. The most vital, sensible, and immediate thing to do under such circumstances is to restore the city's green lungs. We must embark on a big planting campaign to restore fresh air and mitigate the consequences of pollution on our environment.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.