Things You Should Know About Car Inspection for Claims
While renewing your car insurance policy, you could have to face the car inspection process. Learn some important things about car inspection to get it done without any hassle.
Table of Contents
Every car insurance policy comes with a policy term after which it has to be renewed. Some plans come with a renewal period after a year while many are to be renewed even after three years. However, you should renew it before the due date and failing to do so will make your policy go lapsed after which you will have to purchase a car insurance policy again, instead of renewing. Due to this condition, you may have to pay a higher premium for the next policy or face rejection from different insurance companies. Let us discuss some scenarios when your car requires inspection and when they do not.
When Car Inspection Is Not Required?
If you are looking to purchase a car insurance for third party coverage, in such a situation, no car inspection is required. Generally, no car inspection is needed if your car insurance renewal is completed without a break in between.
When Car Inspection is Required?
In normal scenarios, a car inspection tends to be processed during the renewal of a car insurance policy. In addition to this, your insurance company can also conduct a car inspection in the below given situations:
- If there is any break in the renewal of car insurance policy which means you could not renew your car policy within the stipulated renewal time leading to a lapse of policy, in such a case, the insurance company inspects the car again to renew the plan or issue new policy.
- If there is a change in the kind of car insurance policy from a third party car insurance policy to a comprehensive car insurance policy, then inspection is conducted.
- If there is a change in the car insurance policy ownership where you sell your car to someone and the car insurance policy of the sold car is also transferred into the name of the new owner, then, the insurer can inspect your car. Also, if the car’s new owner chooses to cancel your plan and purchase a fresh policy, then also inspection will be done.
- If you have attached some new accessories or equipment like LPG or CNG kit, electronic devices, and so on, in your car and you like to cover them all, then car insurance happens.
- When you raise a claim for repair of damage sustained by your car due to an accident or mishap. In such a condition, vehicle inspection is conducted, where the insurance company sends an authorized surveyor to assess the extent of damage and cost of repair.
Important Points About the Process of Car Inspection
When it comes to car inspection, you should know some significant points about its process to continue your car to be insured without any hassle. Some of those points are given below:
- The car inspection process is done with physical examination of the car to gauge its condition. It is conducted to confirm the existence of your car and the genuineness and extent of the damages, so that no fraud could be done by raising claims for pre-existing damages.
- The official of the insurance company may require to note the registration number and chassis number of your car and also can its photographs from different angles to collect the proof of its condition. The photos of pre-existing damages or dents are taken separately.
- A car inspection confirms that all the accessories are fitted in the car which you claimed to be there. For instance, if you installed an anti-theft device for which you seek a discount on your premium, then, a car inspection can be performed to confirm the same.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.