Process to Get PUC Online
Updated On Oct 18, 2023
Process to Get PUC Online
Table of Contents
In order to legally drive your vehicles on Indian roads, there are certain important documents that you must possess. A Pollution Under Check or PUC certificate is one such important document that all vehicle owners must have it while driving on Indian roads. This mandate was implemented to ensure that the environmental concerns are kept on priority and issues like pollution and other things are taken care of. These rules are implemented by the government of India and must be followed by all. So, let us understand all about the PUC certificate and the process to obtain it.
What is a Pollution Under Check Certificate (PUC)?
A Pollution Under Check Certificate is one important document that helps you check whether the vehicle you are riding is under the permissible limits of pollution or not. This certificate is issued by the government of India and as per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is an important document. This certificate can be obtained by paying a nominal fee of Rs 60 - Rs 100. The PUC certificate contains the below-mentioned details such as:
- Vehicle’s registration number
- Vehicle’s chassis number
- Validity date of PUC
- Emission level of the vehicle
How to Get Pollution Under Check Certificate Online?
In order to get Pollution Under Check Certificate online, here is all that you need to do:
- First and foremost, visit the official website of Parivahan
- On the Parivahan website, scroll down to the PUC section
- As soon as the screen is visible, you need to enter details like vehicle registration number, vehicle chassis number, as well as the verification code
- Then, click on the “PUC details” and get all the details
- You will then be able to view your PUC certificate. Do not forget to download the PUC certificate and save it for future reference
How To Get Pollution Checked for Your Vehicle
You can easily get pollution checked for your vehicle by going through the following steps:
- First, you need to take your vehicle to your nearest vehicle emission check centre. This vehicle emission centre can be at your nearest petrol pump station or a government licensed emission checked centre.
- At the testing centre, the assigned authority will insert a device in your vehicle.
- You need to start your vehicle so that it passes through the exhaust test.
- Then, you will be able to view the readings in terms of pollution check on the screen.
- Next, the assigned authority will click a picture of the readings and then accordingly generate a PUC certificate.
- Then, pay the PUC fees and finally collect the Pollution Under Check Certificate.
Thus, to get a Pollution Under Check Certificate online, you can easily go to the Parivahan website. Moreover, always remember that you need to possess a PUC certificate for legally driving on Indian roads. For any car insurance related queries, you can easily contact us at InsuranceDekho and fetch details about car insurance plans.