Know What Documents Are Required For Car Insurance Claims
Published On Jan 20, 2022 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
At the time of filing a car insurance claim, you must have the necessary set of papers on hand. Read along to know what documents are required.
Table of Contents
An automobile insurance policy's claim procedure is very crucial. A claim is a request for payment of a policyholder's loss made to his or her vehicle insurance provider. We've covered the various methods for filing a vehicle insurance claim as well as the various papers that are necessary to file a claim in this post.
Documents Required for Filing a Car Insurance Claim
At the time of filing an automobile insurance claim, you must have the following papers on hand:
- Details of Car Insurance Policy it is certainly one of the most fundamental necessities.
- The insured vehicle's information is self-evident!
- No, the insurance is not valid unless the insured person's details and information regarding the vehicle insured are provided.
- Numbers that have been registered.
- Information about the vehicle for which four-wheeler insurance was acquired. This essentially contains the car's make and model.
- The accident in its nitty-gritty - It is necessary to specify the date and location of the accident. You might also give a brief account of how the mishap took place.
- Stating the magnitude of the loss
- If the garage data, such as address and phone number, are not given, a claim against car coverage cannot be filed.
Unforeseen events occur. Even more difficult to deal with are the resulting damages. What's the harm? After all, your automobile isn't only a valuable possession; it's also a high-end purchase. It isn't a clear 'No-No' to settle for low-cost vehicle insurance. It's important to keep an eye on the coverage options, though. It is not difficult to make a request for vehicle insurance claims. It is crucial, however, to have the relevant set of documents in your possession. Are you unsure which papers you should maintain in your possession? Let's have a look at what's been written so far.
Documents Need to File an Insurance Claim for a Car Accident?
- A copy of the cover note or the car insurance policy document
- The driver's license.
- The insured vehicle's RC or registration certificate
- A completed claim notification form that is legitimate.
Some insurers, you should be aware, want to go paperless. In this scenario, simply reporting the accident over the phone is sufficient to begin the vehicle insurance claim procedure.
- Identification proof - the insured person's Aadhar card and PAN card information.
- If asked, offer a cost estimate for repairs.
When filing a claim against the chosen automobile insurance type, all of the necessary papers must be submitted. If the insured individual decides to have the car fixed at a non-cashless garage or service center, the claim reimbursement procedure will require extra documentation. What exactly do they entail?
- Repair invoice that is correct.
- A payment receipt is a document that proves that you have made a payment.
- A canceled check that is valid.
The cost of car insurance varies. It's important to remember that while third-party auto insurance is required, comprehensive car insurance is optional. The main purpose for paying a lot of money for car insurance is to protect the vehicle and ensure that all expenditures are paid in the event of an accident, theft, or total loss. To get the claims settled in the event of theft, all of the above-mentioned documentation must be provided on time. There are, however, a few other papers that must be produced as well. Are you curious as to what these are? Take a look at this:
- A copy of the police report.
- Report on a non-traceable vehicle.
- The insurance may also request that you pass them the vehicle's selling invoice at times.
You may have chosen the greatest vehicle insurance, but filing claims against these policies may be difficult if you don't have any of this paperwork. Please contact your insurance provider as soon as possible to report the occurrence or mishap. You might also enlist their help in figuring out how to move forward with your claim. In a word, provided you have all of the necessary documentation, filing a claim against automobile insurance is a breeze.
Also read - Know About The No Claim Bonus Under A Car Insurance Policy
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.