In DigiLocker, you'll find everything you need to know about car insurance.
When driving a car on Indian roads, one of the most important responsibilities is to have the necessary documents on hand, since you may be asked to present them at any time by a traffic officer or official.
Table of Contents
When driving a car on Indian roads, one of the most important responsibilities is to have the necessary documents on hand, since you may be asked to present them at any time by a traffic officer or official. This might be a challenging assignment to recall and remember. Digilocker is the solution, which allows you to carry your papers around with you digitally. A project has been established by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. We may access real digital documents with Digi Locker. Digital papers have the same legal status as physical documents, according to the 2016 Information Technology (Preservation and Retention of Information by Intermediaries Providing Digital Locker Facilities) Rules. Both mobile and online versions of this service are accessible. The DigiLocker service allows you to receive your registration certificate and driver's license, as well as several additional papers including an e-Aadhaar and more. Additionally, papers issued by authorized educational, financial, and insurance institutions can be imported.
Car Insurance in DigiLocker: What You Should Know
Digi lockers are smartphone apps that allow drivers to carry their registration certificate (RC) and driver's license in digital format. This doesn't mean the documents have been scanned. It is, instead, a legally sanctioned digital version of papers that is legal to use and accepted by transit authorities and government employees. Digi Locker is a platform developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. It may digitize a motorist's information from VAHAN, including their driver's license and registration information.
Digi Locker's Advantages
- As a result of the 2019 modifications to the Motor Vehicles Act in the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, penalties for traffic violations will be increased.
- Fines might be imposed if you don't have the necessary paperwork on hand when a traffic officer asks for them. As a step toward citizen facilitation, it is appropriate to post these materials online.
- This includes, among other things, your driver's license, PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate, and registration certificate (RC).
- This is an important step since, as a result of the 2019 change, the penalties for being caught by an official without the proper documents have doubled.
- The penalty for driving without a valid driver's license has been increased to Rs 5000, which is a significant increase.
- As a consequence, these apps are really useful since they allow you to carry your paperwork with you at all times, relieving you of a load in terms of convenience.
What is the Best Method for Storing Documents in Digilocker?
The procedure for keeping your documents in DigiLocker is simple, and you may join up for the service using your Aadhaar number. Obtain your paperwork, which may include your registration certificate and driver's license, using the registered database. Almost all motor insurance companies are connected to Digi Locker, which allows customers to preserve both their digital auto and two-wheeler insurance policy papers. You will need to keep a physical duplicate of your PIC because this digital instrument or application is not designed to store it.
Using these apps, you may now maintain your official documents digitally, such as your driver's license and RC. This is quite useful because of the higher penalty for missing papers and the added convenience of having the documentation with you at all times. It only makes sense to digitize all of your vital papers in a way that allows us to retrieve them quickly in today's environment when almost everything is available at the press of a button.