Important Things You Should Know About Bharat Series Number Plates
Published On Mar 08, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
The Bharat Series, designated by the letter 'BH,' is a new number series created by the Ministry of Transport.
Table of Contents
The Bharat Series, designated by the letter 'BH,' is a new number series created by the Ministry of Transport. A car with this number plate, according to the Travel Ministry, would allow Indian citizens to transport their autos or vehicles from one state to another without having to go through the time-consuming and difficult process of changing the number plate.
Bharat Series Number Plates: What You Should Know
The most important elements about the new BH series license plate are as follows:
1. What Is the Bharat Number Series?
This series is designed for drivers who cross state lines on a daily or more frequent basis. BH will replace the state letters on the number plate that denote the state of registration (which stands for Bharat). Number plates with a white background and black numbers will be used on private vehicles.
2. What Are the Requirements for the BH Series?
Individuals or businesses who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the new series:
- Armed forces personnel
- Employees from both the federal and state governments
- Five or more states/Union Territories have offices for central/state PSUs, as well as various private sector companies/organizations.
3. The Format of the Number Plate
The format of the new number series plate is as follows: YY BH #### XX
- The year of the original registration is represented by the letter YY.
- BH is the code for the Bharat Series.
- #### is a number that will be chosen at random from 0000 to 9999.
- The letter XX represents the alphabets from AA to ZZ.
4. The Benefits of the BH Series
Under the new number plate series, the automobile tax will be levied for two years or longer. This arrangement will make it simpler for private autos to circulate freely across India. The car must also have fresh state registration at the time of sale. It will be easy to transfer ownership of previously owned automobiles with this new Bharat series.
5. What is the Procedure for Submitting an Application?
Keep the following processes in mind while applying for the new BH series number plate:
- The vehicle owner should apply at the RTO where the vehicle was acquired. The automobile owner must provide a government-issued ID to prove his work.
- The owner must pay road tax for 2 years, 4 years, or 6 years, depending on how long they lived in the state where they acquired the car.
- Because there is no state participation in the new BH series, there is no requirement for a 'No Objection Certificate.' The owner can file for re-registration in the new state right away.
- The state's tax revenue will be utilized. The owner may decide to wait until the old tenure expires before applying for new registration.
- If the new owner fails to renew the RC within the stipulated time frame, the vehicle will be penalized if it is discovered by the Traffic Police.
- Reimbursement is offered if the owner chooses to pay the new state's road tax. To do so, a request for reimbursement of the parent state's road tax must be made.
The new BH Series eliminates the need to re-register a car when its owner moves to a different state. The new BH series will come in useful if your job requires frequent travel and transfers from one state to another. This BH series is expected to offer a lot of good adjustments to the present system, making things easier for both buyers and sellers of vehicles.
Also Read: What Is The Best Way To Check Your Car Insurance Details Using Your Registration Number?\
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.