How To Renew Your Expired Car Insurance Online?
Published On Jul 06, 2021 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Read this article to find out simple ways to renew your expired car insurance online without any complications.
Table of Contents
Your car insurance policy is only valid for a certain period of time. Depending on the plan you choose, it could be for a year, three years, or five years. It's critical to renew your insurance coverage on a regular basis if you want to be covered in the event of an unexpected disaster. If you file a claim for automobile insurance after your coverage has ended, your claim may be denied. Learn how to renew your insurance coverage on time by reading this article.
How To Renew Expired Car Insurance Online?
According to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act, having valid car insurance is obligatory. As a result, it's critical to double-check that your insurance coverage is still valid. It's difficult to make the trip to your insurance company to renew your policy during your hectic day. Therefore, you can easily renew your car insurance online at your leisure from the comfort of your own home. Different providers have different procedures for renewing insurance plans online, however, the prominent steps for renewing your car insurance policy are as follows -
1. Look for the car insurance tab on your insurance provider's official website. Select the option for car insurance policy or renewal from the drop-down menu.
2. This will take you to a screen where you must enter information about your vehicles, such as the registration number and the current policy number. Some websites may additionally want you to submit the model of your automobile, the type of fuel it uses, and your contact information. Fill in the relevant information and select 'continue' or 'proceed'.
3. Give the previous car insurance policy's expiration date.
4. Some websites will inquire if you have ever filed a claim. Choose the appropriate option and proceed.
5. Select the type of policy you want, as well as any additional insurance coverages, after filling out the essential information. Before settling on a single car insurance plan, make sure you evaluate several policies. After that, you can proceed to the buy now option and confirm your information.
6. You will then be needed to pay the premium using internet banking or your credit or debit card. The policy will be issued to you, and your insurance policy will be delivered to your email address immediately.
You may also like to read:- How to Cancel A Car Insurance Policy and Receive A Refund
Why Should Your Car Insurance Policy Be Renewed?
Accidents are unpredictable, which is why you should renew your car insurance policy on a regular basis. The following are some of the advantages of renewing your auto insurance -
You Can Claim No Claim Bonus
A no-claim bonus is a discount on the premium offered by car insurance companies to customers who do not file a claim during the policy year. If you renew your policy after the term has ended and you haven't made any claims, you will receive a no claim bonus, which will lower your car insurance price.
Customize Your Car Insurance
Insurance firms provide additional services in the form of add-ons or riders that can be added to your normal auto insurance policy. These can be added to your insurance policy when you buy it or when you renew it. When you renew your car insurance policy, you can choose additional add-ons that are tailored to your car's needs. This way, you can customize your car insurance policy depending on your needs at the time of renewal.
Dodge Legal Penalty
According to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act, having at least a third-party car insurance policy is obligatory. It is illegal to drive a car without having a valid insurance policy. When you renew your insurance coverage on time, you will avoid having to pay hefty fines if you are stopped over by the authorities.
Also Read:- All About Car Insurance Frauds In India
Purchasing a car insurance policy is not only obligatory but also essential. If you are in an accident after your coverage has expired, you will be unable to claim your insurance, resulting in a significant financial loss. Hence, ensure that your car insurance is renewed on a regular basis and that you drive attentively.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.