How To Renew Expired Car Insurance With Tata AIG General Insurance?
Published On Jun 18, 2021
Read this article to understand the importance of renewing your car insurance regularly and get simple steps to renew your car insurance policy online with Tata AIG General Insurance.
Table of Contents
Having a valid car insurance policy is mandatory for every car owner according to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act. More than an obligation, having car insurance has become a major necessity. With the increase in the number of cars on the road, accidents have increased and become unpredictable. Like any other insurance policy, you will be required to renew your car insurance regularly to stay covered. This article will help you to understand the need for renewing your car insurance regularly and provide you with simple steps to renew your policy with Tata AIG General Insurance.
Why Should You Renew Your Car Insurance In Time?
Having an invalid or expired insurance policy is absolutely useless. This is because your car insurance claim will be rejected if your policy term has expired. This situation is financially dangerous as it may leave you uncovered. The following are the reasons why you need to renew your car insurance policy regularly -
1. Mandatory According To The Law
Having valid car insurance is extremely important if you want to avoid legal complications. According to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act, every car owner must have at least a valid third party liability insurance policy to drive their cars legally on the road. If any driver is found with expired car insurance policy papers, they are likely to be subject to pay heavy fines.
2. Zero Protection
If your car insurance policy has expired, you will be left without any protection until you renew your car insurance policy or purchase a new one. This is a terrible situation as you cannot predict accidents. If you are involved in an accident after your policy expires, you can’t file a claim under your expired insurance as its term of functioning has ended leaving you unprotected.
3. No Claim Bonus
No Claim Bonus is the discount on the premium that insurance companies offer their policyholders for every claim-free year. This discount is cumulative and incremental in nature. This means that for every claim-free term of your policy, you will receive a discount on your premium that will reduce its cost. Renewing your policy on time will help you to avail this NCB component. However, if you don’t renew it within the stipulated time or 90 days, you are likely to lose this discount.
4. Chance To Change Your Policy
Renewal of your car insurance policy is the best opportunity for you to switch insurance companies or to switch the type of your insurance policy. You can pick different additional covers for your insurance that best suits your needs.
How To Renew Your Car Insurance Policy With Tata AIG General Insurance?
Tata AIG General Insurance has enabled its customers to renew car insurance online from the comfort of their residence without any hassle. The following are the steps that you can follow to renew your car insurance policy at Tata AIG General Insurance -
1. Visit the official website of Tata AIG General Insurance and select the renewal of the car insurance policy under motor insurance.
2. This will require you to provide details regarding your car’s registration number, date of registration, model and variant.
3. You will have to enter your contact details and the number of your existing or expired car insurance policy.
4. Once you provide these details, click on the proceed tab to change or confirm the type of your car insurance policy.
5. The website will then take you to a page where you can pick your additional covers for the car insurance plan.
6. This will fetch you a quote for your car insurance plan based on the details you have provided.
7. Confirm your preferences and pay the premium amount using internet banking or your debit/credit card.
8. Your renewed car insurance policy documents will be sent to you in your email indicating the successful renewal of your car insurance policy.
Renewing your policy on time will help you to remain covered always. Having valid car insurance will keep you financially safe from the atrocious expenses that are incurred to repair your car in case of an accident. So, renew your car insurance on time and drive safely.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.