How to Purchase a Car Insurance Policy Online?
Updated On Oct 13, 2023
Here is a guide for purchasing a car insurance policy online.
A car insurance policy is a contract between the policyholder (one who buys the policy) and the insurer (from where the policy is purchased), in which the latter has to indemnify the insured for injuries/damages incurred due to an unfortunate/uncertain event involving the insured’s car. The extent and coverage of insurance depend upon the type of plan purchased by you.
A car insurance policy can be bought either by visiting an insurance company’s branch or online. In today’s era of digitalisation, people generally prefer to buy an insurance cover for their car online from the convenience of their home. Purchasing a car insurance plan online offers you the following benefits:
Benefits of Purchasing Car Insurance Online
- Convenience: Purchasing a car insurance policy online enables you to do so from the convenience of your home at the timings suitable to you.
- Time-Saving: Online insurance purchase saves you from the hassle of waiting in queues and thus helps you save your time.
- Paperless Process: Purchase of an insurance policy online is generally a paperless process, which again adds to your convenience.
- Safety of Payment: Payment can be done securely using a debit/credit card or via Net Banking.
- Instant Process: Online insurance policy purchase is an instant process. The policy document is issued instantly and sent to your registered email id.
- Comparison: When you purchase a car insurance policy, you can compare insurance plans of different insurers at a single place like on our platform Insurancedekho.com.
How to Purchase Car Insurance Policy Online?
You can compare and buy car insurance via our platform InsuranceDekho or from an insurer’s website. Let's discuss both the processes in detail.
How to Purchase Car Insurance From InsuranceDekho?
Step 1: Visit www.insurancedekho.com and select ‘Car’ on the homepage.
Step 2: Enter your car number and click on ‘Get your Quote’. In case, you do not have the car number, then select ‘Click Here’, followed by the selection of manufacturer, model, make and year of registration of your car. Enter a few other details such as mobile number, email id and then proceed.
Step 3: The policy premium of different insurers will be displayed on the next page. Select car add-on covers you want along with your policy. Pay the premium on the next page using a debit/credit card or via Net Banking and you are done! The policy document will be sent to you on your registered email id.
How to Purchase Car Insurance Via Insurer’s Website?
Following is a general process for buying a car insurance plan from an insurance company’s website. The actual process may vary from insurer to insurer.
Step 1: Visit the insurance company’s official website and select the option for car insurance.
Step 2: Enter a few details such as your car’s number/chassis number, mobile number and email id.
Step 3: Enter your car’s age and select the type of policy you want.
Step 4: Choose the add-on covers if needed and generate the quote.
Step 5: Enter personal details and upload documents (if the option is available).
Step 6: Make the payment using a debit/credit card, net banking or e-wallets.
For further reading:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.